Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Gullrock lake In july? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Keeper

Default Gullrock lake In july?

Not sure if it matters but how is the fishing in early july compared to late july? Does it matter at all? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Slot Fish

Fishing is excellent in early July. Can’t comment on late July. The month of August and early September is the time frame I avoid taking most of my trips. For walleyes anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2019, 11:56 AM
Keeper

I dont think it makes much difference. I've fished several lakes in north west Ontario. I've fished from opener all the way to end of September. My personal experience is the most consistent fishing for numbers of walleye is mid July too end of August. I was the one that had to go last week of may till 3rd week in June. The mid July-August the weather seems to be more stable and keeps fishing more consistent. But I will go any week some weeks the weather makes it more of a challenge. I cant see why fishing would be much different from july1-the end of July. Maybe the first part of July you may get into late may fly hatch. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Wallhanger

The thermocline will have most likely been established before the first week of July. So, the biggest impacts to fishing during July will be weather and bug hatches (as mentioned). We often go the first week of July and have hit the May fly hatch many times. Never really seemed to make things more difficult for us and oftentimes you could catch whitefish while walleye fishing. However, a late spring can delay things as well. For example, one year I went up to Kag lake (which coincidentally is at a similar latitude to Gullrock) the first week of July and the Walleye were still moving into the lake from their spawning sites. So, they were concentrated at the river mouths and fishing was great at these locations.