Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
trailer price question,please read - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Minnow

Default trailer price question,please read

i have a tent trailer where the top is screwed,but the trailer itself is in excellent shape.it is 6'x9' without the tongue,powder coated black as well,all lights are wired..im going to rip the top off tomorrow and put plywood down for a flatbed trailer.my question is what would the trailer be worth once this is done?keep in mind there is absolutely zero rust,its in really nice shape

im hoping i can fund a fly in or at least half of a trip by selling this trailer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_141826.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	309942  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Small utility trailer

Suggest taking a look at the wide variety of new trailers at tractor supply etc and
determine your price to sell.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Keeper

Not sure where you're from but around here maybe $300.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Slot Fish

Maybe just sell everything top and chassis. Personally I wouldn't mess with it. You could just sell everything for $250-$300.

Hopefully you have a few more to sell to help fund a fly-in!

What's this doing here in the Canada forum anyway?

Jeff
Old 05-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

If you are planning on doing it the right way, put down marine plywood. I think after you price that and put a realistic value on the trailer, you will decide it would make more sense to just sell the trailer as is and be done with it.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Wallhanger

I wouldn’t put a dime into it. Be lucky if you don’t have to pay someone to get rid of it. Sorry, but this is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
If you are planning on doing it the right way, put down marine plywood. I think after you price that and put a realistic value on the trailer, you will decide it would make more sense to just sell the trailer as is and be done with it.
X2, by the looks of it the frame may not have any rust but the hub and axles have been sitting in the mud, not to mention wheels and tires, bearings, wiring, and the list goes on. by the time you have all this completed you may find the offers are less than what you have in it, and nothing left to pay for your own hard work. Fun project tho to not do any of the things on the honey do list.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Minnow

ill bet ill get at least $500 for it...but will see
it will only take a couple hours to get it down to a metal frame.....wiring,tires are in excellent shape,repack the bearings,i have 3 sheets of 1/2" plywood....im too cheap to just sell it as is.

Last edited by madnomad; 05-09-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnomad View Post
ill bet ill get at least $500 for it...but will see
it will only take a couple hours to get it down to a metal frame.....wiring,tires are in excellent shape,repack the bearings,i have 3 sheets of 1/2" plywood....im too cheap to just sell it as is.
Just so we are clear......."excellent condition" is a relative term. To me, excellent means "new", anything less is good, ave, fair, or poor. And wiring that works doesn't mean excellent, that is considered, ave, because it should work. Just laying 3 sheets of old plywood on a metal frame tells me I will need to replace it sooner rather than later.
I picked up an old beat up trailer last year for $50, after stripping and painting, wheels and tires, new bearings, rewiring with new LED tail lights, new bed wood (I used treated decking boards and carriage bolted them to the frame, and new side rails, I have almost $400 and about 20 hrs. Mine is 6' x 8' with a custom rear drop gate that I added.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:47 AM
Keeper

You could google up trailer build to find your answers. I thought this was a Canadian fishing forum?