Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Erie/Saginaw Bay/Winnebago/Green Bay, which one to go to? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-24-2002, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Default Erie/Saginaw Bay/Winnebago/Green Bay, which one to go to?

I'm going to go somewhere fishing next weekend, not sure where yet, Where would you go? Erie, Saginaw Bay, Green Bay or Winnebago. I live about two hours south of Chicago & am looking to make a three day trip. Any other suggestions are encouraged!
NPAA #499
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2002, 10:02 PM
Minnow

Default RE: Erie/Saginaw Bay/Winnebago/Green Bay, which one to go to?

Chad,

I just posted a Lake Erie Report, check it out. From where you are I would not hesitate to go to Port Clinton. The Walleye fishing is real good right now... Good Luck and let us know how you do where ever you end up...
Old 07-25-2002, 06:30 AM
Popia

Chad,

I would suggest Saginaw Bay. The PWT is going to be there next week and you should be able to get good information for the patterns and locations that worked for the tournament. I was there 2 weeks ago and the fishing was ok (10 fish a day 24-28 inches,all caught on harnesses inside the charities)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2002, 06:18 PM

Saginaw Bay! You can catch numbers and also quality sized fish up to 30 inches. There are areas that hold lots of the piggy's and there are areas that hold the smaller eater size fish. Fish the Charity's for the pigs and the lower bay for the eaters with an occasional pig.

Now if you are looking to load up your posesion limit for the freezer I would go to Erie. All you can catch 17" to 20" fish. Not much over 20" in the Western Basin right now.
Old 07-26-2002, 03:50 AM
Charter Member

Don't come to Winnebago until the EAA fly-in is over. Motels are booked solid. During this time they are booked from south of Fondy to Green Bay and beyond. Wait about a week.