Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anderson's guide boats on Lac Seul? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-07-2019, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Anderson's guide boats on Lac Seul?

Last year was the first time I noticed the large aluminum guide boats from Anderson's fishing in the Pine Point to Kesick Bay area. Where do they come from? I thought Anderson's were on Abram's? Can they get into LS from there? Or, do they base some guide boats towards Hudson or Lost Bay area?

Just curious. Not familiar with that area of the lake to the North East.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Wallhanger

They have a dock just under the the pelican falls so basically there on lac suel there.on high water anybody can go through the falls in pelican lake if you know how.coming from Abram lale or trailer boats to deception bay on lac suel or you can launch in Hudson to.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Last year was the first time I noticed the large aluminum guide boats from Anderson's fishing in the Pine Point to Kesick Bay area. Where do they come from? I thought Anderson's were on Abram's? Can they get into LS from there? Or, do they base some guide boats towards Hudson or Lost Bay area?

Just curious. Not familiar with that area of the lake to the North East.

Pooch

I can't believe you have not seen them there before. They purchased that property below Pelican Falls many years ago. Their boats are always running way up that direction. It is a least an hour boat ride to where you are talking about. They are driving over a lot of fish to get to Pine Point. Seems to be a lot of guides taking clients out there in the past few years. Not sure it is worth the drive, but 2 hours a day they are not baiting hooks or untangling lines...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Wallhanger

You must be getting bored Gary, come up and play in the slush with me, it will take your mind off the tropical weather you are having.

To answer your question, Andersons have some outpost cabins on Lac Seul, very likely they also do some day trips out of the Hudson landing.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
You must be getting bored Gary, come up and play in the slush with me, it will take your mind off the tropical weather you are having.

To answer your question, Andersons have some outpost cabins on Lac Seul, very likely they also do some day trips out of the Hudson landing.

Holy Crap Skywagon... I thought the bears got you and the rest of your gang was shootin' over ya. Glad you've made it through most of the winter anyway. Slush?

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 03-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4flatfish View Post
I can't believe you have not seen them there before. They purchased that property below Pelican Falls many years ago. Their boats are always running way up that direction. It is a least an hour boat ride to where you are talking about. They are driving over a lot of fish to get to Pine Point. Seems to be a lot of guides taking clients out there in the past few years. Not sure it is worth the drive, but 2 hours a day they are not baiting hooks or untangling lines...
Pretty typical fishermen. Driving miles and miles past good fishing just to get to good fishing. Something in our DNA that makes us feel we are finding the really good spots if we travel for hours to get there. Or, at least make the clients feel they are being shown the true secret spots that nobody else knows about? The entire Pine Point area would not be that spot...

Not a bad spot, but pretty public anymore. Was getting hammered all day everyday last August. Couple boats pull out and are soon replaced by a couple others. All day long. Years ago we seldom saw boats there. Wind needs to be right.

I've just not seen Anderson's around much until last year. So, where are Anderson's outpost camps on LS? There are a couple outpost camps back in Vaughn, but I don't know who owns them. Have seen guide boats leading camp boats towards Archies Landing area coming from the north. Wasn't close enough to see a name on them or where they went.

Pooch

Old 03-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

Default I forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post

Tipped anything over lately? I need more pictures to keep me entertained and pass the time.

Pooch

Old 03-08-2019, 05:16 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Holy Crap Skywagon... I thought the bears got you and the rest of your gang was shootin' over ya. Glad you've made it through most of the winter anyway. Slush?

Pooch

I should have realized that someone who lives in the tropics would not be familiar with the term of "slush". It happens when the weight of the snow (white stuff that falls out of the sky, kind of like rain only frozen) pushes down on the ice of the lake, forcing water up through cracks/holes in the ice. Depending on the conditions, water on top of the ice can be an inch to possibly 18" deep, hidden below what is currently 24" to 30" inches of snow on the lakes.

As we in the north are short of entertainment (not a single opera house in N/W Ontario) and food is scarce, we are forced to venture out onto the frozen lakes on our snow machines in seach of fish to feed the family, this is when we may encounter slush conditions. We all love slush, when out fishing there is always the possibility of getting stuck in it, we then get to push, shovel, tow, or winch out of these situations. It is great excercise, gives us a chance to get into the water and if we are really lucky the fun will last for hours.

See what you are missing out on?
Old 03-08-2019, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Some of these posts sorta remind me of my memories from a long time back on LOW. Guides were common, and many of them would move/position the boat for their clients by the almost constant use of a paddle. Because this was a lot of work, it was not uncommon to take the clients on as long of a boat ride as possible. The 5-10 hp motors used in those days only added to the time spent boating. Because the fish population was seemingly unlimited in those years (following WWII) the clients left happy, convinced that it was necessary to get to the far ends of the lake to really catch their best fish. Sorry to get off subject.

Bill
Old 03-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Keeper

Just to ad to this story. I know it has been at least 15, maybe 20 or more years ago that Anderson's bought the property below Pelican Falls. We have fished right in front of their docks at that spot, since the 60's when I was a kid. Used to be only a lone cabin on the property. No docks or anything. We would fish there when we came back from further down the lake. Narrow spot, lots of current and snags. We would have to dodge other boats, while we were fishing, as they went on up through the falls or took the portage around the falls. We always catch fish there as we still fish it today. I am sure 1 of the reasons they purchased that property was because to get to the same spot from their main camp by water is close to 1/2 hour. If they couldn't run the falls they would either have to portage or trailer boats to the Lost Lake landing. I think the reason you are seeing them around Pine Point is because it was hot the past couple years. (heard that from a local guide) They used to travel more towards Bear Narrows and Chamberlin Narrows before that. They may still have an outpost at Chamberlin but not sure. I am 99% sure the boats you are seeing are coming from below Pelican Falls. They have very large custom built aluminum boats with big outboards and can make that trip to Pine Point in around an hour. Just some observations from someone who sees their boats all the time, and stayed at their main camp for many years in the 80's and 90s'....