Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2021 Lund Impact Pro Ride Seat recall - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-06-2021, 07:13 PM
Minnow

Default 2021 Lund Impact Pro Ride Seat recall

Hey Y'all--has anyone heard about a ProRide seat recall ?

Long story short: Recently Picked up a brand new 2021 Impact. After some Mods, got it out on the water. Sat back in the Captains chair while cruising and "POP"--The seat hinge snapped. Called the dealer, and they were just issued a recall from Lund on the Pro Ride Seats. With all of the supply issues, I don't expect a quick resolution, but wanted to see who might be "Impacted" by this flaw.

Dealer was responsive, but I think Lund is dealing with severe supply-chain issues. It may take a few months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2021, 06:11 AM
Keeper

Good to know this now. I'm making a recall list and just entering my arrival window for my 1875 impact and got the Air-Ride/Pro-Ride seats. Did the seat snap at the pivot joint?

IAC
Pro-Ride Seats....
Next?
9.9 EFI Tiller
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N
Old 05-07-2021, 07:36 AM
Minnow

The seat did snap at the pivot. It more or less detached, and there were no fragments of parts to be found. Apparently, if the seat does not have numbers, it qualifies for the recall. Mine has identification numbers, which I suspect will not cause any replacement issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2021, 06:02 AM
Minnow

Default Same story

I'm still waiting to pick up my 2021 Impact XS 1775 (Covid delay). Dealer called a week ago and warned me that there was a recall - didn't want me reading about it on the internet. He had no idea when it would be resolved.

I've just got the regular Pro-Ride so it's not just a Captain chair problem.

Last edited by wildpack; 05-25-2021 at 06:31 AM. Reason: added info
Old 05-25-2021, 10:05 AM
Wallhanger

I was afraid this would happen, boat builders using any cheap / sub-standard parts they can source (made in China) just to finish and deliver boats to their waiting customers. thinking that this might be going on with other manufactures, and not just limited to boats , but a lot of other products. I am expecting to hear about a lot of "recalls" in the near future ! I would avoid any major purchases until we get back to "normal", if you can wait !
Old 05-25-2021, 12:25 PM
Keeper

Last week I took a trip up to my dealer to drop off installation equipment and asked about the pro-ride recall. The service manager said they had just got a pallet of pro-ride seats in, so that they could replace any defective units that had already went out or switch-out any that just arrived.

Just continuing to wait for my boat now....
9.9 EFI Tiller
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N
Old 05-28-2021, 08:06 PM
Minnow

My dealer in Ontario Canada is supposed to get new seats in a couple of days.
He also mentioned that the defective seats were installed in other models - some Crossovers got faulty seats.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:28 PM
Minnow

Wow. Google search says that this thread is the only information on the Pro-ride seat recall.

Are we the only three people affected?

Wondering if I can ask the dealer for the defective seats and just replace the pedestal? Or is it a "Destroy For Credit" for the dealer?

(Just cranky because my new Impact is sitting in the dealer's yard and all the marina's and parks are closed for Covid)
Old 06-06-2021, 12:05 PM
Minnow

they know whom got the bad seats i have received two notices advising not to use til they are replaced..but my dealer and other dealers are dragging their feet at replacing them i would gladly do the work myself but lund wont send the new seats to me....there are bout 3500 they need to replace..you guys are not the only 3... figure 2 to 4 seats aboat easily over 1200 boats that have got recall notices
Old 06-07-2021, 10:53 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpack View Post
Wow. Google search says that this thread is the only information on the Pro-ride seat recall.

Are we the only three people affected?

Wondering if I can ask the dealer for the defective seats and just replace the pedestal? Or is it a "Destroy For Credit" for the dealer?

(Just cranky because my new Impact is sitting in the dealer's yard and all the marina's and parks are closed for Covid)
There's a *ton* of discussion about it on the Lund Owners' Facebook Group page, including scans of the recall notice and detailed instructions on how to identify the bad seats.

While I generally hate Facebook and only subscribe to a select few groups, the Lund Owners Group is actually a pretty good source of info if you can stomach the typical FB BS.

Cheers