Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2016 Suzuki 200 HP - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2021, 09:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Ouch, a Outboard Motor with only 40 hours on it should not be acting like that and surely shouldn't need new spark plugs. I always heard here on WC that Zucks were "Bullet Proff".......so I would be calling my dealer ASAP and not be messing around with it myself if under warranty. Don't give them a reason to deny a warranty claim by trying to repair it yourself.

Yeah.. This^ If under warranty, take it back. Don't give them any reason to void the warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2021, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

Hook up a remote tank with fresh gas and see how it runs on the water. If it's good , then you can start troubleshooting your fuel system. If it still persists then you know your problem is within the motor.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 05-07-2021, 02:27 PM
Primer bulb

Default Primer bulb

Check the primer bulb first! My brother in law just had his go out "just like that" the other day. On a Yamaha but that doesn't matter. Primer bulb's go bad fairly often, he replaced and just like new again. Easy fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2021, 03:04 PM
Wallhanger

Now that you say that, it may just be the primer bulb. We had one develop a small crack on the old duck boat. My brother replaced it and couldn't get it to work at all, reinstalled it in the correct direction and all is well. That will happen when you are 16yrs old.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Keeper

I have a Suzuki 150 hp with 200 heads: 200 heads that's a whole other storey but I've had 3 of the fore mentioned problems over the years; spark plugs; air leakage at fuel line connection at the motor and water in the fuel; they all made my engine run similar to how you say yours is running well maybe not the water because due to 3 liters of water in my tank it didn't run poorly for long I would do a quick check with these and if results don't change get her back to the dealer
Old 05-11-2021, 06:25 AM
Slot Fish

So I found out that the issue was in fact the spark plugs. I checked the fuel filter and the primer bulb and found no issues there. I called the dealer and before I could get everything out the woman said "it's the plugs". Apparently the Suzuki is very finicky with plugs. Pulled the plugs and all looked good and had good spark and gap. Put new in and the motor runs like a champ.

I was curious so I started asking around to family and friends to see if anyone else had anything that used this plug. Well the neighbors zero turn mower. We threw them in quick and it ran just fine. Neighbor now has 4 spare plugs.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions
Old 05-14-2021, 08:05 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Ouch, a Outboard Motor with only 40 hours on it should not be acting like that and surely shouldn't need new spark plugs. I always heard here on WC that Zucks were "Bullet Proff".......so I would be calling my dealer ASAP and not be messing around with it myself if under warranty. Don't give them a reason to deny a warranty claim by trying to repair it yourself.

?

Easy things first. Same thing happened to my 2015 Suzuki 9.9 last year.

Had spare plugs with me, changed them, done.