Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Knobby's Fly In - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-23-2020, 01:56 PM
Wallhanger

Default Knobby's Fly In

Has any one used Knobby's Fly In service in the last 5 or so years that would share their experiences. Would be looking for the good, bad or ugly and the name of the lake of your experience would also be desired.

I used them once but it was approx. 20 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2020, 04:43 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Net_Man View Post
Has any one used Knobby's Fly In service in the last 5 or so years that would share their experiences. Would be looking for the good, bad or ugly and the name of the lake of your experience would also be desired.

I used them once but it was approx. 20 years ago.
I've never used Knobby's but do know that the restaurant burned down a few years ago and has never been rebuilt. I don't know who runs the fly-Ins now.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:21 PM
Keeper

We went last year. We stayed at the main camp on Bamaji Lake. We had intended to stay at Kezik North but there was a cloud cover there, pilot said he could land but was concerned he couldn’t get out. So we landed at the main lake and decided just to stay there. One of the best fishing experiences I’ve had in my 64 years and have been to LOTW, Boundary Waters, Vermilion, Leech, & Erie. Plus had the fished cleaned and the boars bailed. Only thing I would change is come into town on a day other than a Sunday, most of the restaurants are closed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2020, 10:00 PM
Wallhanger

Kezik lake is what I was thinking about. I do not believe that Knobby's displays at the trade shows and I do not recall hearing about them either.

Also before booking anything with them I would desire to know how they are treating their customers this year with the border closure and deposits.

Any additional feed back would be appreciated.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:24 AM
Charter Member

I know Knobby's does (or has done) the All Canada shows if you are close to Green Bay or Chicago.

I don't know them personally, but I have seen their booth.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:39 AM
Minnow

I have not fished with Knobbys, but they handled the float plane flight for my son and I into Echoing Lake a few years ago.

The owner (who I believe is named Lars) is a very nice guy and I spoke to several of their customers coming off of planes in Sioux Lookout a few years ago while we waited for our float plane. All of the Knobby's customers I spoke with were really happy and said they had a great trip. Most if not all were repeat customers, at least that I can recall.

Lars and his wife attend the fishing show in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago) in January and I have spoken to them there the last few years. I have not seen them at the Chicago All Canada shows though.

I hope that is of some help.

Last edited by coldtuna; 07-24-2020 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:48 AM
Wallhanger

Default Looks like a very nice place

Any recommendations for best lake for pike?
Thanks
Old 07-24-2020, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

Anishinabi Lake Lodge
Old 07-25-2020, 11:32 AM
Slot Fish

Talking

For many years I read about Knobbys Fly in on the last page of Field and Stream Magazine. This was many years ago. Good fishing. Pikeman
Old 07-25-2020, 12:10 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIKEMAN330 View Post
For many years I read about Knobbys Fly in on the last page of Field and Stream Magazine. This was many years ago. Good fishing. Pikeman
The stories are North With Doc in the InFisherman magazine. The stories are still written after all these years. The author published a book of them several years back. Thank you for the PM.