Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Skeeter Boats - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-25-2020, 11:16 AM
Minnow

Default Skeeter Boats

There does not seem to be much information here on these Boats.
I just sold my Skeeter and I am in the Market to replace it, I am leaning towards a Skeeter WX 2060. But at this time a i am certainly open to looking at other options.
So my question is, why the lack of information on this Boat model.
Notable issues/problems? or simply not a big market for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 12:49 PM
Keeper

That was one of the boats I was looking at before I bought mine. I know a guy that has one and is happy with it.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM
Wallhanger

For Skeeter info, head over to IDO Fishing and hit the Skeeter boat sub-forum. Tons of info! I just bought a WX2190 last year - love it so far.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 02:34 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cast_and_blast View Post
For Skeeter info, head over to IDO Fishing and hit the Skeeter boat sub-forum. Tons of info! I just bought a WX2190 last year - love it so far.

Scott
Thanks for the Reply

The operator of that site is sponsored by Skeeter, all conversations there are mostly pro vs cons.
I owned one myself for along period, and I have utilized the dealership to service and store it for a long time i liked my Boat and they provided great service.
What I am hoping for is comments pro or con on the new models from a different group of Fishermen.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:48 PM
Wallhanger

This isn't a Skeeter site and there are people here who talk poorly of them without any information. Over on IDO, yeah, they're very pro-skeeter but there are some negative posts on them. The one thing you see is Dean will often respond and offer his help to solve your problem. Are the boats perfect? No. But what ones are? I had an 1850 Reata before my WX 1910. There were aspects of the 1850 that I liked better than the 1910. But I would not go back.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:53 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Jeff, for what it's worth I haven't read hardly any negative posts on here. But some are never happy with anything so I suppose there are some. Also you have bad dealers and the brand takes the blame for that. I doubt you will find more or better info here than you get on IDO. Also there doesn't seem to be a Skeeter dealer that hangs out here and pumps the brand the way Dean does.

Lots of Ranger guys around here.

Good luck with the choice, pretty sure I know what I would do.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:50 PM
Keeper

I love my WX1910, but do see myself moving up to a 20’ boat at some point. If Skeeter ever brings back the jump seats in the 2060, that will be near the top of my list. I’m not a fan of that back seat they now use in the 2060.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:14 AM
Keeper

We own a 2016 WX 2060 and are happy with the boat. I would like the front seat to be further from the bow, I use the foot pedal rather than a remote for the bow mount and the floor space is a little too tight. Its not a big deal but really my only complaint. The ride is good and it is pretty dry. It is on the Missouri River by Mobridge so it doe s get used on some big water. My son and I bought it together and the deciding factor was the price it was about $10000 cheaper than a 20 foot Ranger and Lund was higher than the Ranger. Tried to compare apples to apples when pricing the boats.
wmd
Old 03-26-2020, 08:32 AM
Wallhanger

I had a MX 1825 that I REALLY liked. Sometimes I wonder why I bought this 621FS Ranger. There is not a Skeeter dealer here but there is a Ranger dealer which is good given all of the trouble I've had with this 2017 boat and especially the trailer problems.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:46 AM
Keeper

I've been in a few Skeeter's and I liked all of them. If I went to a windshield the 2060 would be on my short list for sure.