Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Are you concerned fishing out of state right now?(Boneyard) - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 11-13-2020, 01:29 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=gregk9;6498742]Interesting. I know several people that have had it and only one said that. All the others had mild symptoms 2 -3 days and that was it.[/QUOTE]

You might to hear what me son who’s a pulmonologist has to say about this disease. He canceled Thanksgiving with us because his patients have more than double that have Covid and they now don’t have enough nurses to take care of them.

Hopefully the vaccine is just around the corner.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2020, 02:07 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6498778][QUOTE=gregk9;6498742]Interesting. I know several people that have had it and only one said that. All the others had mild symptoms 2 -3 days and that was it.[/QUOTE]

You might to hear what me son who’s a pulmonologist has to say about this disease. He canceled Thanksgiving with us because his patients have more than double that have Covid and they now don’t have enough nurses to take care of them.

Hopefully the vaccine is just around the corner.[/QUOTE]

And his patients have underlying problems also. He is wise to cancel. The nurse shortage is a result of corporate cutbacks to reroute $$ into the Wuhan flu problem. Which had 2-3,000,000 US citizens dying. Six percent of 300,000 of the supposedly deaths is 18,000. So Dr Fauchi way overestimated deaths.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Wallhanger

You seem to have dropped a digit. Though I'm sure the 300,000 extra dead people feel terrible that they may have inconvenienced you in some way.

[QUOTE]Two thirds of excess deaths during the analysis period (66.2%; 198,081) were attributed to COVID-19 and the remaining third to other causes†† (Figure 1).[/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2020, 03:10 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=gregk9;6498744]I can answer this. It all doesn't seem to be doing much if anything. Rates are skyrocketing. IL is headed for another lockdown and I'm sure other states will follow. Cripes, I've heard rumors of a 4 -6 week *national* lockdown!

Bottom line - this virus has to run it's course like they all do. You can hide all you want but when you come back out, it'll be waiting for you.[/QUOTE]

After a summer of bike rallies, refusal to wear masks, restaurants and schools reopening and so on. Europe had it fairly well under control until they reopened.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:14 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=DonnC;6498788]And his patients have underlying problems also. He is wise to cancel. The nurse shortage is a result of corporate cutbacks to reroute $$ into the Wuhan flu problem. Which had 2-3,000,000 US citizens dying. Six percent of 300,000 of the supposedly deaths is 18,000. So Dr Fauchi way overestimated deaths.[/QUOTE]

No not all his patients have underlying issues. And no the Huge increase of patients is the result of nurse shortages not to mention doctors working way too many hours.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 11-13-2020, 09:54 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=kzoofisher;6498812]After a summer of bike rallies, refusal to wear masks, restaurants and schools reopening and so on. Europe had it fairly well under control until they reopened.[/QUOTE]

Elon Musk said today, something wrong. He was tested 4 times, say place, same nurse same equipment - two were negative two were positive.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 11-14-2020, 05:58 AM
Wallhanger

The rapid response antigen tests have never been as accurate as the genetic tests. They're useful for getting people to take additional measures to protect themselves and others, for quickly tracking likely hot spots and for getting a general idea of total spread with a greater probability of error at the [I]margins[/I]. A useful too but not definitive. This is why many employers require a second consecutive negative test before allowing you to return to work. All this has been known since April and is in no way news.

Elon Musk is a good salesman and like all good salesmen he's charismatic. He got $5 billion out of the government to build his company and used that to leverage more money out of other investors and to hire some very smart people to develop his vision. Good for him. If you've ever heard him speak about things outside of the scope of Tesla you'll quickly notice that he's not good or smart about a lot of things. But he gains authority from the popular fallacy that because a person is qualified at one thing they must be qualified at many things. Obvious and notable cases of this are entertainers and athletes offering opinions on subjects they know nothing about.

The facts staring us in the face:

1. Hundreds of thousands of excess deaths as has been mentioned repeatedly

2. Hospitals in major midwestern cities currently at or near capacity and sick people being turned away or warehoused.

3. Hospitals in the midwest, east and south at or near capacity and sick people being turned away or warehoused back in the spring.

4. Areas that had serious lock downs saw numbers decrease and when they opened back up they had increases. This happened in the height of summer as well as the fall.

We can disagree about appropriate responses to the problem. To deny there is a problem or minimize its scope is lunacy. I get that in order to keep the system running a certain number of people have to be sacrificed to it. IMO, several hundred thousand is way too many.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:08 AM
Wallhanger

Take the proper precautions and yes, go fishing
Old 11-14-2020, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

One of the obvious and clearly effective "proper precautions" is shutting down a large proportion of society. Lots of pushback on that. The US death rate, that's RATE not total numbers, is 28% higher than Europe. The EU seems to be doing a nice job of catching up since they reopened schools and the UK has had a chance to fully implement their disastrous plan.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

The blame game is a waste of time. It is a virus, not a political contest. Deaths are always very sad and consequential, but still the natural order of things. Mankind is not in control of very many things despite our science and technology. We will slow this down with a vaccine, not rhetoric. Take care and be responsible! Bob