Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ramps for F250/2500 series Trucks - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 11-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Minnow

Default Ramps for F250/2500 series Trucks

I scaled up to an F250 and the ramps that I used for my 1500 series truck are at too steep of an angle. The ones that I have now fold nicely for storage but are too short to work well. Any recommendations on alternatives?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2020, 12:25 PM
Wallhanger

Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 11-05-2020, 01:56 AM
Charter Member

Notice that I installed the truck parameters to purchase the correct loading ramps for an F-250.

Your choice on the type:

https://www.autoanything.com/truck-t...0A50821A1.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2020, 08:23 AM
Keeper

I bought these for my Ram 2500 which sits pretty high as well. I looked for something with an arch that was almost 8' long when not folded up. I didn't get them from Amazon I bought them on Ebay for under a $100 with free shipping new. I have not used them but I did extend them out and the angle to the tailgate doesn't seem too steep and should work fine for lawnmowers, brush mowers and other items. I don't have a 4 wheeler or riding lawnmower so I can't help you there if that is what you are going to use them for.

https://www.amazon.com/gardhom-Capac...k+ramps&sr=8-5
Old 11-06-2020, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

In addition to the previous comments.

If you have a truck, like a 250 that is pretty high off the ground, use your new ramps in conjunction with a road bank or similar location that you can back up to.

Then, place your ramps from the bank to the truck bed and use the ramps essentially as a bridge to avoid the steep angle that happens if you try to load from ground level to the bed of your truck.

I have a low boy lawn equipment trailer that works fine for all of my needs to move things around.

One of the really nice things about this trailer is that the bed is only 2 feet off the ground. So, when the tall rear gate is dropped down to the ground, the loading angle is very reasonable.

You will see the same thing being used with moving vans which utilize a longer ramp so that the ramp can run from the top of the porch steps on a home to go directly to the interior of a moving van. Again, raise the end of the ramp to be at the same level as the cargo loading level so that one does not have to change elevations as one loads or unloads a vehicle.