Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
latecatchr - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Minnow

Default latecatchr

Thru hull transducer and boat control:
Anyone have experience putting a transducer thru the hull on a MX1825 Skeeter It doesn't look like any place to attach it where it's flat. Also I am going to the Detroit River and a few people told me it was extremely difficult to control the boat. I wasn't sure how to take this. Any tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2021, 05:39 AM
Wallhanger

I can't help with transducer mounting on your boat but the location is not critical on the river. The boat control thing is just about learning to counteract the wind with your trolling motor so your line and jig stay vertical.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:42 AM
Slot Fish

There is strong current on the river. While vertical jigging you need to keep the boat positioned so that your line is as straight up and down as possible. Add in wind and a hundred other boats and it can be difficult.

Your first time out go to a spot on the river without a lot of boats and do some test drifts to figure things out.