Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Z Rated tires - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2021, 01:10 PM
Wallhanger

Default Z Rated tires

Can I get some recommendations for replacement 18" Z rated tires for a 2007 Shelby GT 500?
Walteye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Tired

Default z

It took me about 4 seconds to do an internet search that came up with around 45000 sources for z rated tires.
Try that.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:36 PM
Wallhanger

I would try the goodyear EAGLES about $315.00 a pop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2021, 02:14 PM
Wallhanger

Thank you guest. I asked for recommendations from people on this site who have experience with their personal cars and Z rated tires. I don't know how I can ever thank you for counting all the websites for me. It was amazing how you were able to accomplish that with only your fingers and toes. Keep up the good work.
Walteye
Old 04-20-2021, 03:00 PM
cutting edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by walteye View Post
Thank you guest. I asked for recommendations from people on this site who have experience with their personal cars and Z rated tires. I don't know how I can ever thank you for counting all the websites for me. It was amazing how you were able to accomplish that with only your fingers and toes. Keep up the good work.
Walteye
Walteye, don't you love those unhelpful provocative posts like guest "Tired" offered....in the end, Tired thought they came across as smart, but really, they look like an idiot in my eyes....clearly I and probably most others knew why you were asking on this site...I wish people that don't have a helpful response would simply not respond...but some just like to be jerks!

I wish I could help, but I don't have any personal info to assist you with...good luck, hopefully someone on this site can point you in the right direction!
Old 04-20-2021, 03:31 PM
Slot Fish

Default tire question

A little more information may allow a more defined answer. Will you use it for "track days" or occasional rallies, or everyday fun driving. Also, the weather you drive in makes a difference as many z rated tires are a harder rubber, less adhesive in wet conditions etc.
Also, how many miles a year to do you drive.
Answers from Good Year, to Michelin, to Pirelli are all possible good answers.....depending.
Tx Jig Tyr
Old 04-20-2021, 04:24 PM
Wallhanger

I have personal experience with Goodyear Eagles and really like them. Also look at the Michelin Pilot Super Sports for exceptional performance.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite 7Ti2
Pulled by 2020 Chevy Trail Boss
Old 04-20-2021, 06:07 PM
Wallhanger

I run Michelin PS4S on my Cayman. Very good tire, as long as the weather is above about 50*. Wear is ok, depending on how you drive. The first set, when I first got my car, I got about 8000 miles out of the rears. The next set went around 15,000 on the rears.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:34 AM
Wallhanger

I just bought a 2007 Shelby GT 500 that was stored since 2007-1000 miles on it. I want to replace the original 14 year old tires and plan on driving it in sunny/dry weather (obviously in an accidental rain shower)-putting on maybe 1000 or so miles a year. Car shows-a rally here and there. Tires that will handle the car's ability.
Walteye
Old 04-21-2021, 09:36 AM
Slot Fish

Default Tires,

Walteye, given that information, I would recommend Pirelli tires Not cheap, but will grab like glue. Only driving 1000 mile, even hard driving in rallies, they will be great. Think of them as the "soft yellow eraser" you had in school, worked great, but did not last forever. Other tire composition would be like the white eraser that lasted forever, but tore up the paper.
Have, fun, if you have not had a high performance car like this, a word of caution, go take a linge weekend and go to a driving school. CK area clubs, i.e. Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette clubs, many will let other drivers join their "track day" events.
Tx Jig Tyr