Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vince's Pizza on 63rd St - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2021, 09:00 AM
Wallhanger

Default Vince's Pizza on 63rd St

Anyone been there lately? I grew up near 58th and Harlem Ave and there were probably ten pizza places closer to home but Vince's was always my favorite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2021, 07:39 AM
Minnow

It is still there. Looks to have survived the pandemic and are still using the same pizza pans!
Old 04-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Keeper

My suggestion is to hit Villanova which is basically at Pershing and Harlem. Very old-school and tough to beat. Order it well done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Keeper

Best pizza I have ever had and you guys know I like to eat and drink

Vito and nicks in Chicago
Wells brothers in Racine Wisconsin
Zaffinos n Milwaukee
Pats pizza in chicago
Mariaís pizza in Milwaukee
Piece pizza in chicagio

Gentlemen, I have done all the work for you. If you are ever near any of these institutions my strong suggestion as you try them
Old 04-10-2021, 04:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtaproot View Post
Best pizza I have ever had and you guys know I like to eat and drink

Vito and nicks in Chicago
Wells brothers in Racine Wisconsin
Zaffinos n Milwaukee
Pats pizza in chicago
Mariaís pizza in Milwaukee
Piece pizza in chicagio

Gentlemen, I have done all the work for you. If you are ever near any of these institutions my strong suggestion as you try them
You left off Palermo's on 96th and Cicero Ave.
Truly a superior pizza.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:20 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtaproot View Post
My suggestion is to hit Villanova which is basically at Pershing and Harlem. Very old-school and tough to beat. Order it well done
I grew up at 34th and Kenilworth in Berwyn, bout 6 blocks away from Villanova. One healthy bite of sausage per pizza square (yes - square for the uninitiated/outside of Chicago).
Old 04-10-2021, 05:25 AM
Wallhanger

Kozyís Pizza out in the woods ( dang near the middle of nowhere ) near Mauston,WI. It has been quite awhile since I been there,but Iíll get back there someday if they are still open. Square pizza served on large pans. Bring a roll of paper towels with ya....LOL.

Square pizza is the best !!!!

PjShorthorn
Old 04-10-2021, 11:31 AM
Wallhanger

If you're ever going to fish Pool 16 on the Mississippi River, take time to stop by Harris Pizza in Rock Island, IL, Frank's in Silvis, or Benny's in Milan. All great pizza cooked Quad City style. One of these places always makes for at least one dinner whenever we visit the area.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Wallhanger

Have any of you been to Vince's? I've been to Villanova, Vito and Nick's, and Palermo's and think Vince's is better. I probably haven't had it in about 8yrs when my dad brought a couple half baked ones up during deer season. Everything I've had there was great authentic Italian food. If you're ever in the area, Parisi's makes wicked burgers and beef sandwiches right across the street.

Admittedly, I haven't been to many pizza places in WI, as most were a disappointment. But a couple that I enjoy are supposedly recipes from folks that moved up from Chicago such as the Wheelhouse in King, Weasel's in Waupaca, and Bill's in Stevens Point. Seems like most others use the same quality of Italian sausage found on a Tombstone.

I do enjoy a deep dish but to me Chicago style will always be thin crust cut in squares.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:07 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Spanish View Post
Anyone been there lately? I grew up near 58th and Harlem Ave and there were probably ten pizza places closer to home but Vince's was always my favorite.
I have never been to Vinces but based on your recommendation I am going to give it a try. I will let you know what I think