Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bobcat XRZ Pro zero turn mower - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Keeper

Default Bobcat XRZ Pro zero turn mower

Anyone using a Bobcat zero turn mower, I am looking at the above mentioned mower and wondering how folks like their Bobcat mowers? I pretty have it narrowed down to a Scag Liberty, or Exmark Radius x, or the Bobcat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Wallhanger

How much are you mowing? How is your dealer on repairs? Do they provide a mower while repairing?

The Liberty is homeowner/estate model. I run Scag hydro walk-behinds (with sulky) around 20 hours per week, 7-months a year. I prefer standing as it is easier on the body, is lighter in weight than same size sit-down zero-turn (less hp needed which drops initial cost. Also less fuel burn so less running cost). The Walk behinds also hold the hills better and skid less. If my yards were over 4 acres, then a sit down zero-turn would be faster. They are equal on speed on my yards.

Bobcat isn't sold around here, My local Exmark dealer takes too long to get parts and/or make repairs (weeks), so not an option for me. Scag dealer has most stuff in stock, if not gets parts in 2 days.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Keeper

I am mowing 2+ acres of lawn, another 6 + acres that is mowed 3 or so times a year, which is more or less rough pasture. I live over 200 miles from a dealer for any of them. I am not in the commercial mowing business, just our place. I hope not to abuse machine, and I am impressed with the warranty for Bobcat, 6 years, 1200 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Keeper

If the new ones are anything like my 2009 Fastcat all you will need is oil filters and the occasional blade sharpening. Solid mower!!
Old 03-13-2019, 08:25 PM
Slot Fish

I see a John Deere dealer in your town.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:38 AM
Wallhanger

Very pleased with my John Deere zero turn with power vac.
Have a great day.
Jim
Old 03-14-2019, 05:26 AM
Wallhanger

I just went through purchasing a zero turn recently. My main points of comparison were transaxle size, tire size, engine brand, thickness of steel used on deck, spindle/housing construction, warranty, and price.

Any of the ones you are looking at are reputable mowers. If you compare the things above you may be able to narrow it down a bit more.

I see on some Bobcat models you can get Kawasaki or Briggs...I would 100% go with the Kawasaki.

The only real feature that I didn't consider, but am looking into changing on my Gravely for this year is a rubber chute guard. My buddy's Toro Timecuttter has a rubber guard so he can get tight to trees on both sides of his deck which would be very handy for me as I cut around 215 black walnut trees.

That is a good warranty on the Bobcat. I'm sure you will be more than happy with any of them. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:27 AM
Wallhanger

What ever you choose I would not even consider a home owners model, only commercial the commercials' have a much higher blade speed and usually built with heavier decks. The commercials will cut about as fast as you can stand to sit on it mine will cut up to 14 MPH. I have an older Great Dane commercial it is built like the proverbial tank. My Great Dane is going on 27 years and besides blades, belts, the occasional battery, it has been a solid machine. We mow roughly 3 acres takes about 45 minutes compared to the old style mower it was 3 hours plus.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 AM
send a link

Default send a link

I would LOVE to see a mower mow medium to high grass at 14 MPH!!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by send a link View Post
I would LOVE to see a mower mow medium to high grass at 14 MPH!!
My Cheetah will cut at 16 mph in high gear. Most of the time, the conditions will not allow me to cut that fast. I had an account a couple of years ago that was flat and wide open, and smooth enough to cut in high gear. Conditions have to be right to do it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq6frWHFvNI