Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bobcat XRZ Pro zero turn mower - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Keeper

My local JD dealer sells both JD and Scag. I love my Scag Tiger Cat. As mentioned, there’s plenty of power to mow at high speed even with longer grass. Its more how rough of a ride the driver is willing to handle. Notice I didn’t say, how rough of a ride the MOWER could handle. The commercial Scags are built like tanks, they’ll handle whatever you can throw at them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2019, 11:49 AM
sped up

Default sped up

That video looks like it's sped up a bit, just doesn't look right? Look that way to anyone else?
Old 03-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Wallhanger

Could be. I just grabbed the first one I saw. I know there are many videos of Hustle Mowers just flying that are not sped up. I can check with some of my fellow lawn care buds and see if I can find better video.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:09 PM
Keeper

The 6 year, 1200 hour warranty of the Bobcat is a big lure. I know Scag and Exmark make excellent mowers. Doing research, I am leaning heavily towards the Bobcat, It seems at their price point, I can get better components versus the other two.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:09 PM
Keeper

Not sure if Ferris mowers are available that far west but their suspension puts others to shame.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES View Post
Not sure if Ferris mowers are available that far west but their suspension puts others to shame.
Yes the suspension on a ferris is very good (I had a 3100z for a couple years). Their new 3200 isn't quite as good. The problem with the ferris is their deck - it clumps when its damp (either from rain, morning dew, or the moisture produced from cutting thick grass). Not as bad as eXmark in the wet, however. That being said I think any of the OP choices (for a hohomhohome owner) are decent. I would definitely stay away from big box tractors and zeros. Just my suggestions/ comments.

Scags are great in all conditions if you get the Velocity deck. But I'm pretty sure that the homeowner models do not have it.

Honestly about the best thing he could do is demo them
Old 03-15-2019, 11:29 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
Could be. I just grabbed the first one I saw. I know there are many videos of Hustle Mowers just flying that are not sped up. I can check with some of my fellow lawn care buds and see if I can find better video.
Why even bother for someone that is either hiding there identity or just trolling there is google if they are really interested..
Old 03-15-2019, 12:12 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana husker View Post
I am mowing 2+ acres of lawn, another 6 + acres that is mowed 3 or so times a year, which is more or less rough pasture. I live over 200 miles from a dealer for any of them. I am not in the commercial mowing business, just our place. I hope not to abuse machine, and I am impressed with the warranty for Bobcat, 6 years, 1200 hours.
I don't understand why you would want to buy a mower from dealer 4 hrs. away when you have a dealer in your back yard that sells a reputable product. Need warranty work done or parts drive 8 hrs to and back to get it? From the BC model you are looking at it is a commercial unit. Definitely good warranty 1300hrs/6yrs, Deere varies depending on model, they also have a parts network 2nd to no one. I'm not a Deere salesman, "retired production worker from there, that's it. I have a diesel mower and small diesel utility tractor both Deere. All I do is bring them in the winter do scheduled maintenance then mow grass.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:07 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=grizz234;6300288]I don't understand why you would want to buy a mower from dealer 4 hrs. away when you have a dealer in your back yard that sells a reputable product. Need warranty work done or parts drive 8 hrs to and back to get it? From the BC model you are looking at it is a commercial unit. Definitely good warranty 1300hrs/6yrs, Deere varies depending on model, they also have a parts network 2nd to no one. I'm not a Deere salesman, "retired production worker from there, that's it. I have a diesel mower and small diesel utility tractor both Deere. All I do is bring them in the winter do scheduled maintenance then mow grass.

Your correct, there is a JD in our town, but where I will be using mower is 330 miles away, where it will be kept. There is Exmark, Scag and Bobcat dealer as close or closer then JD. Besides, doing research, those are the mowers I feel comfortable with, glad you like your JD.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:39 AM
trolling?

Default trolling?

"Why even bother for someone that is either hiding there identity or just trolling there is google if they are really interested.."

It would appear I was correct, it wasn't authentic. As a heralded "registered user" then post some private info about yourself instead of just TomP. I frequent many sites and will never ever register, strictly for security and privacy reasons. My post was respectful and apparently accurate. Was simply asking a question of others. No one else seemed to have a problem with it, why do you? Please explain how it was trolling, we're waiting....