Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Boat Wait time - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Wallhanger

Default New Boat Wait time

New alumacraft ordered Mid October, they are now saying Mid April for delivery. Now many are in the same situation of waiting. Is it demand? shortage of getting component parts due to covid? Do these manufacturers build one model at a time, then switch over to a different model? Just getting a little bit nervous, some say no 21's available unless in stock, crazy times. Is it the same for outboards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Wallhanger

Everything in short supply including outboards. Some of these plants were completely shutdown due to being nonessential. Manufacturers canít build the boats if they can't get some parts. It really is unfortunate
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 72" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 03-11-2021, 02:02 PM
Wallhanger

I think it's like that for most everything Dave, I've been waiting on dishwasher repair parts since November. Two new recliners were ordered in Sep. & we took delivery last weekend. I assume they've pushed your boat back because they can't get the parts & that it's not a labor issue. Our local car dealers are hurting, they do not have a lot of new car inventory and are advertising to buy your used car as they can't get used cars either, It's definitely a sellers market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2021, 02:25 PM
Minnow

Its everything. Ordered new Triton July 23rd and I am finally promised it will be shipped Friday before Easter. Thats 36 weeks waiting time. Build date moved 5 times due to parts availability. Depends on what you order and when and if your lucky. LOL Good luck.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
New alumacraft ordered Mid October, they are now saying Mid April for delivery. Now many are in the same situation of waiting. Is it demand? shortage of getting component parts due to covid? Do these manufacturers build one model at a time, then switch over to a different model? Just getting a little bit nervous, some say no 21's available unless in stock, crazy times. Is it the same for outboards?
I'm in a different situation yet similar.

I have had several people contact me in regards to buying my boat. In no way do I want to sell without buying a boat and having it in the yard first. With no new boats available it's putting unreal pressure on the used market.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
Demand
Old 03-11-2021, 06:56 PM
Keeper

My Warrior 193 was ordered in sept. And I took delivery in late feb.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:57 PM
Keeper

I can only comment on a different style boat. I ordered a new Bennington pontoon boat on January 30 and was told it will be here the first week of May. It has a 115 Yamaha SHO and I learned a lot with this order. Apparently, Bennington makes approximately 10,000 pontoon boats a year and depending on the size of the dealership, the larger the dealer, the more allocated building "slots" they purchase. I went to my local dealer (20 miles down the street) where I got my last Bennington 4 years ago and he was sold out for 2021. I ended up 45 miles down the road at a larger dealer who not only was happy to take the order but offered better pricing. Now, I have not yet received this pontoon boat and we will see if the first or second week of May actually comes true. Last week, I ordered a new Suburban and they told me 8 weeks. The only snag they anticipated was a shortage of the maximum towing package components but they also thought this was resolved. We shall see...
Old 03-12-2021, 07:56 PM
Slot Fish

just went through this, ended up ok but adding 60 to 90 days at minimum and have a back up plan if you can for your trips. its just unreal demand with used boats at insane prices right now.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:17 PM
Keeper

Ranger Reata 1850 ordered early October, still not finished and being told April but I doubt it.
Hopefully Ranger proves me wrong....