Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Boat Wait time - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-12-2021, 09:43 PM
Wallhanger

Crazy a year later everything is still so far behind....

Bikes are also hard to find. Covid sucks
BT terrova link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2021, 08:11 AM
Wallhanger

I purchased a new car in the beginning of this pandemic, early May and worked with a great GM of the dealership via the internet because they were not allowed to be open to the general public back then.

It took him 5 days to find the car I was looking for and had it brought in from Harrisburg, PA for me. It was kind of weird basically buying a vehicle I had never drove but it couldn't of worked out better IMHO..............I got a GREAT price from the dealership AND Zero percent financing from Toyota. It was a WIN WIN for me.

Now my son looked for months for a new Tacoma before he finally found one close to what he was looking for and my buddy Pete is still looking for his dream Highlander because of short supplies on what he wants in the vehicle.

BTW I'm sure when E-TEC decided to stop production it certainly didn't help outboard supplies any.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 03-14-2021, 08:06 AM
Minnow

I got lucky, the dealership had the new boat I wanted in stock and just needed rigged, I had it in 3 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2021, 09:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder guy View Post
I got lucky, the dealership had the new boat I wanted in stock and just needed rigged, I had it in 3 weeks
About the same for me. Dealer had a few coming in. When they showed up on his floor we went in and bought one. Wife is happy, I am happy.

I don't think I would be ordering a boat new right now with some parts having issues it's going to push back delivery dates.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

seems everything is having issues. I ordered a new Polaris Ranger in early December and am being told it will be in mid april.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:52 AM
Minnow

Lund 1875 Impact, ordered November 9th. Was told it was scheduled to be built the first week of March. Dealer called me and said it was pushed to end of March. I am hoping and praying the next call I get will be a delivery date but would not be surprised at all if it gets pushed again.

Nerve wracking. Absolutely nerve wracking.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:52 AM
Slot Fish

Similar issues for me with my Alumacraft. Delayed 4 times THIS MONTH already, most recently yesterday (beware the Ides of March). Iím told by the dealer that a lack of availability of flotation foam is apparently impacting most all boat building right now. Iím sure itís not that cut-and-dry as surely there are other factors once the production gets backed up - which is what I worry about now. Will my boat get side-tracked while they catch up with production (once foam is available) in favor of bigger, more popular, or more profitable boats models?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2021, 11:14 AM
Wallhanger

All you guys waiting on your new boats. Check with your dealer and make sure he has all your electronics, trolling motors, kickers ect on hand. Thats where the next shortage is coming from.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:41 AM
Wallhanger

I've got everything! of course no boat, I do need trailer ladder steps but that has to wait till I get the boat. Worst case scenario, I have a 16' alumacraft tiller that will work for me most of the time
Old 03-16-2021, 12:10 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
All you guys waiting on your new boats. Check with your dealer and make sure he has all your electronics, trolling motors, kickers ect on hand. Thats where the next shortage is coming from.
That part I left out. He did tell me that all my electronics are in so I won't have to wait for any of it. I just need the **** boat now. LOL!