Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
prokicker 9.9 PITA - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM
Slot Fish

nope. Made in Japan. Everything under 75hp is made elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2021, 03:55 AM
Minnow

As a life long on/off mechanic, tracing noise is challenge. I have a much older 9.9 (Bondesee) that runs amazing. Curious, where the PCV valve and crankcase breather are located and if its possible that they are contributing to your noise? Also with water hooked up and cowl off, you can get a mechanic stethoscope (very cheap) and isolate the area of the noise. Hit the noise (while running) with a quick shot of wd-40 and listen for changes. A problem is just something looking for a solution. Keep digging you'll get it!

On the Stethoscope, pull that sound chamber of the hose and just listen with the open hose, its very helpful
Old 05-19-2021, 08:07 AM
GUEST159753

noise is more than likely coming from the lower unit. upper drive shaft bearing needs a shim or 2 removed. drop the lower unit and run the engine without it on for a few seconds and i bet the noise is gone. when lower unit is off removed the water pump and tear down and remove one of the shims from the upper bearing, more than likely there are 3 of them, and reassemble. this will take care of the noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2021, 08:33 PM
Slot Fish

^^^^ interesting!!! Hearing with a stethoscope I was pretty sure the noise is in the engine, specifically in the head area....but that being said noises travel a lot! I will try to drop the lower unit sooner than later and do this. I'll get a water pump kit at that time also. These shims are under the pump and on top of the lower unit I suspect?
Old 05-20-2021, 08:37 PM
Slot Fish

Same noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd4hY3B0PsA