Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Helix 9" 10" and 12" series from Humminbird - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Wallhanger

Location: tHE eDgE 0f tW!L!gHT , aNd tHe c0rr!D0r oF dArKne$$ tRans!T!0n. (49349)

Provided you're using Chirp in the 200 or 83KHz ranges, it's basically the same crystal as the HB standard dual beam XDCR.

HB
Helix 12 MSI G2N v1.84,AS-RC1x2, Helix 10 MDI G2N v1.84,Helix 12 SI v1.83,AS GPS HS x2, i-Pliot LINK, Helix 10 MSI G2N v1.84,~'91Lowe 1730V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Minnow

Default Internal GPS

What is the internal GPS on these units? 5HZ, 10HZ?
I cannot find this anywhere on their website. Don't know why Humminbird wouldn't advertise this when everyone else does. This is an important spec to me when choosing my next unit. These units look very nice. I played with them at a local outfitters store. Too bad they didn't turn that awesome glass bonded screen into a touch. I understand it would drive up the cost which I don't think that was Humminbirds intention on this line up.
I am very close pulling the trigger on one of these units
Why did they make the 9 and 10 inch models the same in size? They are huge and wonder how much space one of these will take up on my Pro-v helm. Definitely want 9 or higher for pilot link functionality.
From 2d-SI-DI standpoint are these units better than the Lowrance 2d-SI-DI in terms of image quality?
Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlito View Post
What is the internal GPS on these units? 5HZ, 10HZ?
I cannot find this anywhere on their website. Don't know why Humminbird wouldn't advertise this when everyone else does. This is an important spec to me when choosing my next unit. These units look very nice. I played with them at a local outfitters store. Too bad they didn't turn that awesome glass bonded screen into a touch. I understand it would drive up the cost which I don't think that was Humminbirds intention on this line up.
I am very close pulling the trigger on one of these units
Why did they make the 9 and 10 inch models the same in size? They are huge and wonder how much space one of these will take up on my Pro-v helm. Definitely want 9 or higher for pilot link functionality.
From 2d-SI-DI standpoint are these units better than the Lowrance 2d-SI-DI in terms of image quality?
What ProV? I have a 2015 IFS 1875 that currently has a 1198. Plenty room for a 12 if needed.
Mega 360, Mega Live
Ezee Steps
Cannon Rod Tubes, Traxstech tracks
TKI CNC angle track mounts
Lithium TM Bats w/shunt gauge
Old 04-17-2016, 06:42 AM
Minnow

I have used ray marine dragonfly 5pro and Helix 7 by humminbird. I own a Helix 7 SI and it offers great service with powerful features. you get side imaging and down imaging. you can go for 600-foot range of down imaging, for more you need to get a XD transducer to go 1500 feet. amazing service to be honest. Check the Humminbird Helix 7 Si review

Last edited by joe_fisherman; 04-17-2016 at 07:03 AM.