Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Fury 1400 Tiller - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Slot Fish

That's why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream, everyone likes something different!
For me the big thing against a 16' is that I am lucky to have a 3 car garage and the third space is for the boat... and an ATV... and an inflatable pontoon... and.... Life is full of compromises!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Slot Fish

Nice amount of gear. I have to make do with a driveway and no garage. Makes boat and ice huts and everything else somewhat problematic! Fwiw there is only a foot difference between the trailer for the 16 and 14 and a swing tongue would fix that!
Old 09-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Slot Fish

Escape 14 and 16 have same beam but trailers were a couple inches wider on 16. Both had swing away tongues but 16 was a foot longer... I had it down to the INCHES! My garage space is precious! Anyways I got what works. Even debated toys to get rid of!
Old 09-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Slot Fish

Wonder why a wider trailer if same beam? Was it also a longer trailer for the 16?

Sounds like you had it very well thought out. Wish i had a garage to worry about, but at least this house has a long drive way and enough of a yard to have an 8x10 shed. Last one had a single parking space and a 12x16 backyard so i couldn't have 90% of the gear i have now.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradywk View Post
Thinking about purchasing a Lund Fury Tiller as my first boat. Im going to get either a merc or honda 30. This boat comes in at 500 pounds. With 2 people and a 30 how fast do you think i would get? Also honda or merc? And any opinions on this boat?
I just traded my Lund S-16 with a 25 hp 4 stroke for a Lund 1600 Fury with a Mercury 40 hp 4 stroke. The 40 hp runs the boat along at 31mph. I would assume a 30hp on a 1400 would top end around 24-26mph.
<BTW> I am well pleased with the dry ride and performance of IPS Lund hull. It was sure a jump up from the old S-16.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradywk View Post
Thinking about purchasing a Lund Fury Tiller as my first boat. Im going to get either a merc or honda 30. This boat comes in at 500 pounds. With 2 people and a 30 how fast do you think i would get? Also honda or merc? And any opinions on this boat?
Hey Bradywk--Last winter I was looking for a smaller second boat for when I fish alone and started out looking at the 1400/1600 Lund Fury tiller. I also looked at the Alumacraft Escape and liked that too.

But before you possibly pull the trigger on the Lund Fury, please be sure to price out the 1625 Fury XL. At least last winter with the Lund package pricing and Spring Catch rebates, it was actually not much more cash to step up from the Lund Fury to the 1625 Fury XL, and it is a lot more boat for the money. It comes with a better trailer as well. Well worth the upgrade for not much more. The Fury XL is probably more comparable to the Escape than the Fury is.

Right now there is a very nice fall promo where you can get up to a $750 cash rebate PLUS a free cover on the 1625 Fury XL. That closes the gap.

http://www.lundboats.com/boats/promo...ch-of-the-year

Turns out I upgraded one step further and bought a 1650 Rebel XL Tiller after carefully considering the Fury XL. But I was definitely impressed with the Fury XL over the Fury as a better bang for the dollar.

Good luck, Let us know what you decide. LuckyJimH
Old 09-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Wallhanger

Soon you guys are going to have this guy buying a 20' glass boat with a 300 as his first boat. Just wait till page 6 or so.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfishhunter View Post
Soon you guys are going to have this guy buying a 20' glass boat with a 300 as his first boat. Just wait till page 6 or so.

So funny but so true!

Tags
fury , honda , lund , mercury