Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Curious... - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-19-2020, 06:37 AM
Keeper

We did our trip with Slate Falls Outposts near the end of August out of Sioux Lookout
Having never been there before I can't really bench mark but I would say it was not a ghost town. Chatting with Ryan at Slate Falls and some of the Slate Falls Air staff they mentioned that its on the lakes where you notice the difference (as someone else mentioned).

We have been lucky enough to be at the cottage a few times this summer. Its located between Orillia and Gravenhurst. Biggest thing I have noticed is that Highway 400/11 seemed to be packed with people heading to camp, RV, fish etc. Lots of articles in the news here about how the pandemic has driven a huge increase in RV sales, camping and fishing gear, cottage rentals etc. People stuck in the city, social distancing, not a lot of travel options has equaled more people spending time doing staycations in Ontario.

Gut says that this probably only impacts area's within a few hours or so of major cities as opposed to really making up for cross border tourists is "true" northern towns like Wawa, Little Vermillion, Sioux Lookout, Nakina, Armstrong and others. If you are in the Toronto area its a long haul to get to those area's for a long weekend or even a week.

Really hope 2021 is back to being a regular season for all of the lodges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement