Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
On hold for two hours - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2020, 04:53 PM
Slot Fish

I called last Thursday or Friday, was on hold for a while when given the option for a call back. They called me back within 15-20 minutes, even though my estimate was much longer.

In the meantime I sent a chat message and received the response I was looking for in less than five minutes.

Every company is like this now days though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2020, 08:33 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
What storm? HB send out a **** update or something?
I have heard about a storm a few times over last two years or so as a reason for long support hold times. they were a bit better before, Now here is the funny part, last time the told me that I googled the weather. Showed sunny and warm, not that the weatherman does not make mistakes but come on how many storms does one company have.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by bbheli; 07-07-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Keeper

Sorry, but due to (flips through excuse book) "solar flairs" we are experiencing longer than usual wait times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2020, 07:51 AM
Wallhanger

That’s a long time. But...what do ya do? Hang up and risk the wait all over again. You’re kinda stuck. Glad it worked out.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
You are the other guy! I didn't get my Pinpoint till 2002. I wonder how many got sold? I used mine till 08! Still worked but time marches on. I will bet the owner of Pinpoint is who you talked with. Even with 911 times were less stressful. Bob
Pinpoint was a leader in the technology, although it still had some problems when it was in production.I always felt it was just one or two revisions away from being a champion product. Unfortunately, the inventor/owner passed away several versions from it's true potential. After that, the company faded way. My motor finally gave up, don't remember the year.

Bill
Old 07-08-2020, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

The most that you should be on hold is 1,246.01 hours. Nothing more, nor nothing less.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:59 AM
Minnow

2 weeks ago on a Friday i sat on hold for 1 hour and 13 minutes before i opted to have them call me back. Which a nice lady did 6 minutes later. I actually fell asleep sitting in my boat listening to their repeated on hold message. Waited all that time, only to find out what the Humminbird tech support told me via email about the Solix font size for waypoints and boat icon was incorrect. Which i was more frustrated about than the wait time. I would wait much longer if I could find a way to reduce the size of the boat icon and waypoints on my Solix.