Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Kvd - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 02-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Slot Fish

Default Kvd

KVD wins classic...what a stud
Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Congrats KVD!

Simply Awesome....

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 02-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Simply the best!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Slot Fish

5 million in career winnings. Pretty awesome.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Wallhanger

I am not a bass fisherperson, but I know who KVD is. I was in MacDonalds in Altoona, Iowa a few yrs ago. I see this guy and I thought, wow that looks like Kevin Van Dam...No couldnt be. I go outside and here sits his pickup. He is a talented fisherman.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Charter Member

Smile He only gets better with age!

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS — Kevin VanDam ruled the Louisiana Delta once again.

The king of professional bass fishing — the most recognizable name and face in the sport — blew away the field and set an all-time BASS record for Classic catch here on Sunday with 69.11 pounds of bass to win the 41st Bassmaster Classic.The six-time BASS Angler of the Year and now four-time Classic winner topped second-place Aaron Martens who also beat the previous record (56.2 pounds) with 59.00 pounds. Martens finished second in a Classic for a fourth time, including a second time to VanDam.
"This never gets old," an obviously elated and somewhat tearful VanDam said. "It's just so hard to get to the Classic, but the guys who are good, (they) are perceptive and able to adjust. I had to do a lot of adjusting this week."
VanDam won $500,000 for his three-day effort and now has surpassed the $5 million mark in tournament winnings. He tied veteran Rick Clunn with four Classic titles and becomes just the second angler to win two in a row.
"What planet are you from?" tournament emcee Dave Mercer asked the Kalamazoo, Mich., angler
(more)
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...34/1001/SPORTS

Fishing w/buds is a fun social event, while
Angling is a serious skill-growth rung-climbing event with loads of self-improvement satisfaction w/each step... Hang a Hog, Not a Smelt

Ray da sUMo 'Chaser
Old 02-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Charter Member

Congrats to KVD, he is the king of the kings in bass fishing. I met him some years ago at the small boat harbor in Buffalo, NY when he was there for a bassmaster tournament, he is a great guy. I seen him each time he was here and he always remembered my name. He would talk to me for almost an hour every time and gave me some soft plastics and crank baits. KVD is a very honest sincere guy, I mat his wife also and she is as genuine as he is, great people.

Rebs
Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Ruddles

It really is quite amazing if you consider there were five other boats all in the top ten fishing within a casting distance away all fishing the same presentations for the most part and he still beats them by TEN pounds. For those that scoff at paying attention to detail this is a prime example of what details can do.

The same scenario basically unfolded last year. The top three all fishing the same area and KVD whoops them.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

Smile KVD: A little perspective

-interesting read

By Ken Duke
Bassmaster.com

NEW ORLEANS — For the past few years, Kevin VanDam has been giving bass fishing fans plenty of reason to sit back and look at his remarkable career in absolute awe. Back-to-back Bassmaster Classic championships and back-to-back-to-back Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Angler of the Year awards is enough to generate conversation about anyone — but KVD is special, and those awards are just part of the story.

From highest to lowest, here are the numbers that help to define VanDam's career:
5,078,976 — That's the number of dollars that KVD has won in his B.A.S.S. tournament career. Not only is he first in career winnings, but he's won more money than the next two guys on the list (Skeet Reese and Denny Brauer) combined!
21,798 — That's how much money VanDam earns, on average, for every B.A.S.S. event he enters. No one else is close to that mark.
190 — That's how many times KVD has finished in the money out of 233 career tournaments. He earns a check 82 percent of the time.
142 — That's how many times VanDam has finished in the top 20 of B.A.S.S. events over the course of his career.
91 — That's how many times VanDam has finished in the top 10. Only Rick Clunn (with 103 in 363 career tournaments) has more.
43 — That's VanDam's age. He may be closer to the end of his productive professional years than to the beginning, but he still has lots left in the tank and a drive to succeed that is unmatched on the tournament trail.
39 — That's the percentage of times KVD finishes in the top 10 of tournaments.
22 — That's how many Bassmaster Classics he qualified to fish ... in a row! Only Clunn, with 28 in a row, has done more.
20 — That's how many BASS tournaments he's won. For a few months, he was tied with Roland Martin at 19, and some may point out that Martin had to defeat more individual opponents in his era. But most would agree VanDam has faced more skilled competition.
6 — That's how many Angler of the Year titles he won, but the number could easily be higher. He was ineligible to fish the Top 100 series (a precursor to the Elite Series) when he started out, so all he did was dominate the Invitational series on his way to qualifying for the Top 100s. A disqualification in an Elite Series tournament in 2006 cost him that AOY title. It's certainly not inconceivable that KVD could be fishing for his record-tying ninth AOY in 2011.
5 — That's where he ranked in ESPN's Greatest Angler Debate in 2005. If the same balloting were conducted today, he would almost certainly defeat Rick Clunn, Roland Martin, Bill Dance, Denny Brauer and everyone else who's ever fished for bass. In fact, the fifth-place finish seemed to inspire VanDam. As soon as his ranking was announced, he went on a tear, winning three tournaments in a row, including the Bassmaster Classic.
4 — That's how many Bassmaster Classics VanDam has won. Only Rick Clunn has won as many.
3 — That's how many B.A.S.S. events he won in a row back in 2005. It's also how many AOY titles he's claimed in a row.
2 — As in back-to-back Classic victories in 2010 and 2011. Only Rick Clunn has ever done that.
1 — That's where Kevin VanDam would rank if the Greatest Angler Debate were held today. Any votes for any other angler would have no credibility at all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/t...KVDPerspective

Fishing w/buds is a fun social event, while
Angling is a serious skill-growth rung-climbing event with loads of self-improvement satisfaction w/each step... Hang a Hog, Not a Smelt

Ray da sUMo 'Chaser