Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Zip wake tabs ?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-14-2021, 08:14 PM
Minnow

Default Zip wake tabs ??

Never had these and dont know anything about them. How important are they? Is it a must have ? Is there multiple options? Thanks, We are always on big water .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2021, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

I have them on my 2020 Ranger 621FS Pro, and love them. It's nice not having to tell people where to sit, to even out the weight distribution of three large men, and they keep my ride nice and level, even in the sloppiest water.

Not sure what boat you have, but I know that the redesign in the 2020 hulls were made to include a spot to mount the ZipWakes. They cannot be added to earlier models, due to the lack of anywhere to install them.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 08-15-2021, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
I have them on my 2020 Ranger 621FS Pro, and love them. It's nice not having to tell people where to sit, to even out the weight distribution of three large men, and they keep my ride nice and level, even in the sloppiest water.

Not sure what boat you have, but I know that the redesign in the 2020 hulls were made to include a spot to mount the ZipWakes. They cannot be added to earlier models, due to the lack of anywhere to install them.
So how does someone know if their boat can accommodate a Zipwake system?

In my case, I have a 2020 Ranger 620FS Cup rather than a 621FS Pro. I've tried looking for information online a couple of times to figure out whether I could add this to my boat at some point in the future, but I've come up completely empty each time.

Gerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2021, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post

In my case, I have a 2020 Ranger 620FS Cup rather than a 621FS Pro. I've tried looking for information online a couple of times to figure out whether I could add this to my boat at some point in the future, but I've come up completely empty each time.

Gerry
There's an obvious indent in the setback underneath, so they sit right in there. Does the cup boat have that indent too? I don't know the answer to that...sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZipWakes August 15 20211.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	328664   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZipWakes August 15 20212.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	328666  
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 08-15-2021, 08:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:

Gerry
With or without the indent you can still install them. They would just be surface mounted which is the normal way until ranger partnered with them and created the indent. Most important it the style you would use.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 08-15-2021, 09:08 AM
Minnow

Thanks Jules, Nailed it. We are deciding between the 621 pro or cup .
Old 08-15-2021, 09:16 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
With or without the indent you can still install them. They would just be surface mounted which is the normal way until ranger partnered with them and created the indent. Most important it the style you would use.
Nope. There is no flat surface or access to mount the zips on a FS series boat. If you have seen this please show us.
Old 08-15-2021, 09:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
Nope. There is no flat surface or access to mount the zips on a FS series boat. If you have seen this please show us.
They would mount in the same area that pocket would be if it had the pocket. If you can add a trim tab you should be able to add a zip wake. Post the transom picture. There are several options for that reason. The Pro version just has an integrated pocket. The zipwake takes less room than a traditional tab also.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by bbheli; 08-15-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2021, 09:38 AM
Wallhanger

My boat has more of a shallow, rounded concavity of irregular shape than a deeper, well-defined indent. Indeed, although it's hard to tell for sure, it looks rounded enough that it's hard for me to imagine that anything with a flat back could be mounted there. (I caught the light just right in the 1st photo by port side to show the irregular shape; the 2nd photo by starboard side gives a bit more of a feel for how shallow and rounded it is.)

Does that mean I'm out of luck? Seems hard to imagine, I mean, Zipwakes must be installed on quite a diversity of boats. But it seems hard to imagine how it could be installed on mine, too...

Gerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	indent.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	328682   Click image for larger version

Name:	indent 2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	328684  
Old 08-15-2021, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
My boat has more of a shallow, rounded concavity of irregular shape than a deeper, well-defined indent. Indeed, although it's hard to tell for sure, it looks rounded enough that it's hard for me to imagine that anything with a flat back could be mounted there. (I caught the light just right in the 1st photo by port side to show the irregular shape; the 2nd photo by starboard side gives a bit more of a feel for how shallow and rounded it is.)

Does that mean I'm out of luck? Seems hard to imagine, I mean, Zipwakes must be installed on quite a diversity of boats. But it seems hard to imagine how it could be installed on mine, too...

Gerry
Can you take the picture more from the back vs the side. I don't believe that you should not be able to mount a tab. I can't tell if that is a pocket or not from the reflection. It is worth the effort you will love the difference in performance with these.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes