Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Your best thread controversy... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Default Your best thread controversy...

The thread about things slowing down and lack of forum rules has me thinking back over my favorite WC encounters. What are some of yours?

Here's my pick. Back when I made a comment about the potential "Bear Trail Lodge" closure here on Eagle Lake. Not only did I receive a foul word laden shouting match over the phone from the then owner, but was also threatened with a law suit, as was Scott Golden. Some of my posts were pulled down and I was accussed of being a trouble maker. Vindication was mine when the low life owner of BTL bailed with his guest's deposit money never to me seen again. I was right.....ahh, the good ol days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2018, 11:24 AM
Keeper

Gord, that thread was one of the biggest controversial threads i can ever recall. So many stories, points, counter points, threats as you describe. I was talking about that time at the booth at the Chicago All Canada show a few weeks ago.

That story is epic and will probably always be remembered. Thank you to all of the camp owners that stood up and assisted the customers of Bear Trail Lodge that lost their deposits and had no camp to go to for their Canadian fishing trip. Several here went out of their way to help out some fishermen that had been wronged.
HB 858 dI and 858c HD
Old 02-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

My best one was one of the run-away killer Toyota threads. Arguing with people that the UAW does not build Toyotas and therefor not their fault. lol Broke off into e-mail and message arguments and a certain someone e-mailed me a virus during the e-mail exchange that totally trashed my computer.

Last edited by Custom Eyes; 02-09-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Wallhanger

The concealed carry thread a few years back was pretty good...almost 30 pages.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

Talking

Football threads have been known to ruffle some feathers with the Minnesota crowd.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Keeper

Not this forum but full Inclusion of crossbows in archery season gets real heated here in NY on the forums

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Wallhanger

Default Geez

Should I dare mention my: Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins or Celtics on this website..
Old 02-09-2018, 02:49 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

You can mention the Patriots. The Bruins have the classic original six uniforms. The Red Sox are over done. The Celtics I believe are basketball?
Old 02-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Wallhanger

I haven't been around for very long, but there have been some good ones. The one (several) thread that sticks out in my mind was a particular customizer of crank baits and their claim of it being a fact that red hooks and red slashes painted on them always out-fish baits without them. Custom Eyes seemed to have a lot of fun with that topic. The poster was dead set on letting you know how stupid you were if you did not agree.

Then there was a pretty short thread from someone that just had to post his farewell if he didn't get an apology from someone that disagreed with their point of view.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Keeper

I will add the numerous threads that go off on tangents away from the original post (Usually a question on personal experiences) asking to compare boats (Ranger, Lund, Alumacraft, Crestliner, etc) or trucks (Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota or Dodge). Too many threads to count through the years that go on for pages with arguments over brands.

I have to say though that one of the most entertaining parts of reading Walleye Central has to be any post by REW. REW posts the most detailed comments of anyone on the website in my opinion.

I will sit back and watch the response

HB 858 dI and 858c HD