Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
trolling set up - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Minnow

Default trolling set up

I ordered a new Lund 1875 impact sport and want to set it up for trolling. Anyone use the Cisco 42 degree matched up with Folbe, Scotty or any other type of rod holders? If you have any pics you can share or information that would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2016, 08:18 AM
Wallhanger

I just use my cannon rod holders on the Lund sport track I just keep the drag set on the light side. I have not cought any Muskie yet but have got some big salmon with no problems.
i-pilot link
h/b 1199
h/b 898
Old 03-16-2016, 08:26 AM
Wallhanger

I have the cannon ratcheting single axis holders with tracks on my boat for running divers and they are awesome. they are around 80.00 each at amazon.com plus the tracks. the holders can be set with one hand then when a fish hits just grab the rod and lift and the holders will ratchet to the upright position then just lift the rod out of the holder. after using ratcheting holders I would never go back to a stationary holder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Minnow

Thanks guys for the information. I am just skeptical about using the Lund sport trac brackets, If you have any pics of your set ups that would be great.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdoutdoors View Post
Thanks guys for the information. I am just skeptical about using the Lund sport trac brackets, If you have any pics of your set ups that would be great.

You should be... Get the Cisco aluminum brackets that fit in the Sport Track and add the rod holder of your choice (My preference is Folbe's but that's just me)... I ran a Lund for many years until I got my Ranger in 2013 with that setup and caught many musky trolling big baits fast and snagged a thing or two and never had gear failure. I broke two traditional sport brackets prior to making the switch to the Cisco's...
Old 03-16-2016, 07:37 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo1269 View Post
You should be... Get the Cisco aluminum brackets that fit in the Sport Track and add the rod holder of your choice (My preference is Folbe's but that's just me)... I ran a Lund for many years until I got my Ranger in 2013 with that setup and caught many musky trolling big baits fast and snagged a thing or two and never had gear failure. I broke two traditional sport brackets prior to making the switch to the Cisco's...
Do you have any pictures of your set up? Did you run the flat part that the rod holder bracket on top or on the side like the Sport tracs come rigged from lund?
Old 03-17-2016, 06:52 AM
Wallhanger

Mojo,
Do you use the extension rod on the Folbe's? I've never used them, but I'm going to get a couple to test out and would like to use them if they work. TIA.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Wallhanger

I have the extensions but do not use them too often. I rarely am running more than two lines so there is not a ton of need...
Old 03-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Minnow

I use them often. Keeps me from having to bend over to lift the rods out of the holder.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:45 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks guys! Nice to know. I may not use them all the time, but sometimes they might be nice.

Tags
cisco , lund , muskie , musky , rod holder