Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Holinshead Lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-28-2021, 06:54 AM
Slot Fish

Default Holinshead Lake

Hopefully....will be headed to Holinshead Lake in august. Will be my 1st time fishing walleye there. Anybody been there? Tips, thoughts, suggestions???? How are the cabins and boats? Is the lake easy or hard to get around? Thanks to all and hoping we can all get back to our dream vacations.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:48 PM
Keeper

It’s a Great Lake, accomadations, etc are good. Easy to navigate, round, islands,
It’s a sort of managed fishery, lodge owners does not allow public access- launching, guests are asked to eat what they like but not take fish home.
It keeps the fishing good
Old 06-16-2021, 07:19 AM
Keeper

I’ve been up to Holinshead for the last 8 years. Greg and Charlene and some of the best people I've ever met and, by far, the hardest working camp owners you can find. The cabins are impeccable and the boats are very well maintained. The walleye fishing is pretty straight-forward, most are caught simply by vertical jigging minnows. Greg has 8 hot spots marked by GPS and buoys, but there are dozens of other places on the lake. As Fishman10 stated, you can only keep 2 walleye and 2 northern per day and no walleye over 18” may be kept (I believe the limit on northern is 27”). My favorite spot is the reef in the middle of the lake and Treasure Island always produces in the evening. Most walleye are in the 15-16” range, but 24+ are not uncommon. Make sure you take and afternoon off and go bear baiting with Greg. I have plans to be there the first week of August, but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen.