Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Joining the new boat club - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-15-2021, 12:29 PM
Minnow

Default Joining the new boat club

Thanks to all the input from the great members here at WC! I only have a few posts, but was able to take in a lot of information from those, previous posts over the years and a few PM’s. After calling around to dealers, there were a lot of delays as I expected, but I was able to find a solution. One dealer had an “open” order at Lund with their standard build, but the build hadn't started yet. The salesmen said I could modify the order to my needs and resubmit the build to Lund with my specs. The only requirement was staying with a shorelandr trailer. The estimated delivery was Mid-May to Mid-June of this year.

And so, I’m glad to say that I’ve made my first new boat purchase. I ended up with picking an 1875 Impact XS with a merc 150 fourstroke.

Factory/Dealer add-ons:
Terrova 80# Ipilot
Auto bilge
On to go rod storage
Under console drawers
Comfort Pkg
Luxury Pkg
Hydraulic Steering
Helm Slider
Kicker Fuel Line
Travel Cover
Shoreland Single Axle Bunk
Load Guides
Spare Tire
Bow Cleat (dealer installed at no cost)

I plan on installing/rigging the rest myself. Including a G24 house battery, Blue Sea 6010 switch, (2) dual-pro pro-series 2 banks, BOS system on TM batteries, (2) Helix 9's (SI/DI) at the console on a balzout mounts. Getting to the transom, installing a transducer mounting plate for the SI ducer and a dedicated 2D ducer with Y cable. I considered going with two separate SI ducers, but for now I’ll go with one and see how it works.

For the TM finder, I’m still undecided but looking at a Garmin Vivid for something more functional than fancy. I’m open to suggestions for this one. Prop wise, I’ll probably go with the aluminum OEM for a bit, until break-in is done and then consider switching to a SS Tempest or Rev4. Motor support, I’m looking to use a DD26 motor tote and steering locks.

For the future, I plan adding Cisco mounts with Brocraft Holders and adding a trailer tux. Later on, probably adding a merc or suzuki 9.9EFI.

I feel this should serve my walleye fishing desires and provide the family (wife/2 boys) with plenty of opportunity for fun.
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N

Last edited by SJC305; 03-15-2021 at 12:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2021, 12:34 PM
Keeper

Congrats, sounds like a really nice rig!
Old 03-15-2021, 12:36 PM
Wallhanger

Congrats!! Be sure to post up pictures of that boat once you get it.
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2021, 01:25 PM
Wallhanger

Congrats on the Purchase. Now all you need to do is occupy yourself to make the time pass. 😆
Old 03-15-2021, 02:12 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC305 View Post
Thanks to all the input from the great members here at WC! I only have a few posts, but was able to take in a lot of information from those, previous posts over the years and a few PMís. After calling around to dealers, there were a lot of delays as I expected, but I was able to find a solution. One dealer had an ďopenĒ order at Lund with their standard build, but the build hadn't started yet. The salesmen said I could modify the order to my needs and resubmit the build to Lund with my specs. The only requirement was staying with a shorelandr trailer. The estimated delivery was Mid-May to Mid-June of this year.

And so, Iím glad to say that Iíve made my first new boat purchase. I ended up with picking an 1875 Impact XS with a merc 150 fourstroke.

Factory/Dealer add-ons:
Terrova 80# Ipilot
Auto bilge
On to go rod storage
Under console drawers
Comfort Pkg
Luxury Pkg
Hydraulic Steering
Helm Slider
Kicker Fuel Line
Travel Cover
Shoreland Single Axle Bunk
Load Guides
Spare Tire
Bow Cleat (dealer installed at no cost)

I plan on installing/rigging the rest myself. Including a G24 house battery, Blue Sea 6010 switch, (2) dual-pro pro-series 2 banks, BOS system on TM batteries, (2) Helix 9's (SI/DI) at the console on a balzout mounts. Getting to the transom, installing a transducer mounting plate for the SI ducer and a dedicated 2D ducer with Y cable. I considered going with two separate SI ducers, but for now Iíll go with one and see how it works.

For the TM finder, Iím still undecided but looking at a Garmin Vivid for something more functional than fancy. Iím open to suggestions for this one. Prop wise, Iíll probably go with the aluminum OEM for a bit, until break-in is done and then consider switching to a SS Tempest or Rev4. Motor support, Iím looking to use a DD26 motor tote and steering locks.

For the future, I plan adding Cisco mounts with Brocraft Holders and adding a trailer tux. Later on, probably adding a merc or suzuki 9.9EFI.

I feel this should serve my walleye fishing desires and provide the family (wife/2 boys) with plenty of opportunity for fun.
oh **** yeah, great boat...
Old 03-15-2021, 02:28 PM
Wallhanger

Congrats SJC that’s a nice boat!
Old 03-15-2021, 02:53 PM
Keeper

That is almost exactly the same options I got on my impact. It's a great boat. The trailer is trash. Adding some bullseye quickloads made it a lot better. Also loving the EZ-Step I put on it.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:22 PM
Wallhanger

And you got the "Luxury" package!!! How hoity toity! Good for you. Nothing like a new boat to bring a smile to your face. Hope you enjoy it for a long time!

Marty
Old 03-15-2021, 04:03 PM
Minnow

I had asked about getting a trailmaster or roller, but was told the shorelandr was already ordered for it, so I had to take it. Got a fair deal and will have a boat this year instead of next year. Have to make the best of it and get this thing rigged out.

The wife wanted a ski option for the kids and the base/pole was like 400ish I think. The luxury pkg got that, along with proride seats and crossover wheel for only a few hundred more. Seemed like you got more for the money that way. I’ll defile it in minnows, crawler dirt an pike slime soon enough!
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N

Last edited by SJC305; 03-15-2021 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:05 PM
Minnow

Sounds Awesome!!