Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Larsen products - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2022, 07:37 AM
Wallhanger

Default Larsen products

Well i am on my last bottle of this gentleman's fine product, Not only did i use it on the boat but i accidentally had some overspray on my Ranger trailer and noticed it made my whole trailer look new with no residue,so i sprayed the whole trailer. Has anyone found a product that works as well?

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2022, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

I replaced it with Turtle Wax ICE. I tried Mothers California Gold spray wax late this year on my truck and I like that even better than the ICE. Both are easy to use and leave zero chalky or white residue and last a long time for spray wax.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:36 AM
Minnow

I tried a ceramic coating on my Lund aluminum boat 2 years ago and will never go back to wax. The boat looks great and as you put more coats on the surface becomes slicker and slicker. Spent a week in the water on Rainy Lake in June. When I pulled it out of the water you would have thought it was just washed, no hard water spots. Applying it to the surface is like cleaning your windows, it is that easy.
Helix 12 and Helix 9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2022, 04:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShpHdKng View Post
I tried a ceramic coating on my Lund aluminum boat 2 years ago and will never go back to wax. The boat looks great and as you put more coats on the surface becomes slicker and slicker. Spent a week in the water on Rainy Lake in June. When I pulled it out of the water you would have thought it was just washed, no hard water spots. Applying it to the surface is like cleaning your windows, it is that easy.
What product was it that you used?
Old 01-11-2022, 04:54 PM
Keeper

OK - it is winter here in Indiana and I am a bit bored. I have a neighbor teenager who is a wash boy at the local GM dealership and does a little detailing. I asked him what product they use on their new and used cars. He said a product called - Technician's Choice. So, I research the product and it seemed legitimate with his testimony as to easy of application and longevity. I put a coat on the new Suburban and the 2001 Lund Rebel. So far, when washing the Suburban, the water just beads off and I launched and used the Lund last week on Lake Michigan chasing perch and coming off the water, there was very little water to wipe down off the boat. I think Technician's Choice is worth looking at as it was not expensive and applied and wiped off pretty easy. I do not yet know the longevity but as easy as it applied, I could easily get in the habit of doing it from time to time.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:28 PM
Charter Member

I've still got four full bottles of Wonderfoam in the basement
Old 01-12-2022, 10:11 AM
Slot Fish

How about Hot Sauce?
Just found it last season. Very easy to use and wipe off. Leaves a slick wax type coating.
I noticed a few guys had issues, but that had to do with covering the boat and leaving in hot sun after applying.... Have not used on my truck, but thinking about it...
Old 01-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Well i am on my last bottle of this gentleman's fine product, Not only did i use it on the boat but i accidentally had some overspray on my Ranger trailer and noticed it made my whole trailer look new with no residue,so i sprayed the whole trailer. Has anyone found a product that works as well?
Which product are you referring to? Restore cleaner and polish or Wonderfoam? There are quite a few waxes that work well.

I'd love to know of anything that works as well as Wonderfoam. That stuff really did wonders on my boat. It looked years newer after I used it once.

Last edited by brad34; 01-12-2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:07 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=brad34;6624422]Which product are you referring to? Restore cleaner and polish or Wonderfoam? There are quite a few waxes that work well.

I'd love to know of anything that works as well as Wonderfoam. That stuff really did wonders on my boat. It looked years newer after I used it once.

I sprayed my trailer with the Restore product, the Wonderfoam worked wonders on hard water spots. both are excellent products

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Minnow

NM Trout, I used Hydrosilex Marine. I bought the kit that comes with the stripper, this takes off the wax and polish products before applying the ceramic coating. That is the only time I have used the stripper. Make sure you have all the hard water stains out first otherwise you seal them in with the ceramic coating. You have to wait 3-4 days between coats. Each coat is additive to the so over time it becomes slicker and slicker. The person that told me about it owns a fiberglass Ranger and he is very happy with it on the glass as well.
Helix 12 and Helix 9