Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
30 seconds to prevent hydraulic steering loss - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2021, 08:14 PM
Slot Fish

Default 30 seconds to prevent hydraulic steering loss

Whoever rigged my boat must have thought it was a good idea to use electrical tape to secure the two hydraulic lines to each other, I assume to achieve a cleaner appearance.

It was not a good idea! I was prefishing a tournament last week, zigzagging to mark edges of humps all morning and all of a sudden i lost steering, one of the fittings had backed out nearly 3/4”. The two lines being taped together stopped one of the lines from rotating and ended up loosening the fitting a little more each time i turned. Major pain in the *** the day before a tournament. I talked to a guy at the rules meeting that had the exact same thing happen. Both 2020 rangers with merc 300’s with the hydraulic lines taped together.

Could have been really ugly if the steering loss happened at the horn on the day of the tournament.

If your hydraulic lines are taped together cut it asap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8DD9E939-7BE8-45A6-8179-45590B3D4889_1633050034145.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	329588  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2021, 10:35 PM
Slot Fish

Well wasn't that nice of them! I'd be all over them to make things right, labor and money wise.
I had my rear brakes done at my dealership and that evening while towing my boat, I lost all braking ability. Made it almost home on back roads then at the busiest street a State Trooper helped us out.
He gave me a write up to take to the dealership, and or court. Said he would be available for a court appearance. Towed the truck to the dealership and it dropped off in the only entrance in or out!! I got new disc brakes on the rear!