Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ulterra with Ipilot link - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-14-2021, 05:49 AM
Keeper

Juls rather than a spare battery, how about packing a spare charging cable and plugging it in to the usb port?

I broke down a bought a spare remote because I can only fish about 6 hrs when using my remote regularly.

All of the above posts about the charging system plug in are 100% correct. Makes me angry, that a guy can purchase a $10 toy that has a more dependable, easier to use charging system than the MK system.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2021, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGregS View Post
Juls rather than a spare battery, how about packing a spare charging cable and plugging it in to the usb port?

I broke down a bought a spare remote because I can only fish about 6 hrs when using my remote regularly.

All of the above posts about the charging system plug in are 100% correct. Makes me angry, that a guy can purchase a $10 toy that has a more dependable, easier to use charging system than the MK system.

Now there is an alternative I have not though of! Expensive, but effective. Like I stated the micro remote is much cheaper and I have not needed to buy a new cord either. They could do better on the cord, but the special functions that the actual remote are needed for are a very small percentage of button pushes. It also stays connected to my PFD for anything I need to adjust. I change the button battery once per season. Leave the LINK remote plugged in on the dash. JMO Bob
Old 06-14-2021, 10:48 AM
Keeper

Bob I went to the spare remote because I ran my remote down ONCE and I found out that can cause lots of problems with the unit. I had to take the motor it off and send it in for service. So I vowed never again will I run it down below the .25% left mark.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:12 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGregS View Post
Bob I went to the spare remote because I ran my remote down ONCE and I found out that can cause lots of problems with the unit. I had to take the motor it off and send it in for service. So I vowed never again will I run it down below the .25% left mark.
I have been there a few times in life. If a little more money fixes something for you. I am all for it rather than the aggravation. Fishing is supposed to be fun! JMO Bob
Old 06-20-2021, 10:13 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman99 View Post
Thank you for the Tip for Russel Marine Products. Got it ordered. Tightlines Pikeman
sold ou !!!