Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cedar Lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-02-2020, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

Default Cedar Lake

Got out on Cedar Lake the other day after 2 cold front days with temps hovering with morning frost. Noticed right away when i turned my sonar on water temps on shore had dropped and main lake at 57f from around 65 previous to cold front.Ran straight to Peephole bay from west end to try for crappies.They just wernt there like i thought.Manage some though in a few spot but a bit deeper away from beds.Went out from 2 ft to 10 ft and pick some up and some walleye on slipbobbers and a bunch of smallies.Got out of there and headed to muskie bay and same there.Deeper crappies and walleyes.Tried some deeper holes and humps and started picking up walleyes in 20 ft also.Spent more time fishing in the 2-20 ft ranve and picked up lots if walleye. All on slip bobber.Headed back west and tried Nelson Lake and same story very few crapies on the spots in there.But lots of walleyes in the bays in 5-6 ft.Again slipbobbers.So not super fast fishing but pretty steady on a beautifull day.With warm weather coming crapoies might be back on there beds but think the smallies are staging to spawn.Even though nit trying to catch smallies we ended up with a lit of them.Love the fight they put up.Need work on my tan to.lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_135412_1591106419158.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	319168   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_154403_1591106496402.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	319170  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 11:25 AM
Wallhanger

John have you been in the hospital ?your legs are whiter than snow haha,oh I forgot nice fish but I’m getting tired of seeing only you holding fish lol,rod
Old 06-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Wallhanger

Ron its only just june and it hasnt been sun bathing weather yet.The morning rides have been cool.Wear pants then.But will get a tan soon as long as it isn't to buggy.My wife has been in plenty of pics and thats only person iam fishing with.lol and could be for the rest off the season.But she ll get called back to work shortly (shes hoping not to soon) and ill be on my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 12:09 PM
Wallhanger

I’ll buy a wig and a mask that looks like your wife then you won’t be alone your stuck with me
Old 06-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Wallhanger

I’m sure you probably throughout the year get more sun than you really want,it’s 90 here today I cut trees for 5 hours and that’s all I could take I was drained,rod
Old 06-02-2020, 12:55 PM
Wallhanger

It will get to hot soon.Just have to get used to it.But i wont be on the water everyday 7 days a week this year
Old 06-02-2020, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

The one bass is a dandy!

Where do you think the crappie are/were in the spawn process? Have some spawned already, and are done,or they in the middle and now driven back to deep? I've always personally thought the larger ones spawn earlier, maybe even in a little deeper water, but haven't seen any data on this, just my own thought. I realize they don't all spawn at exactly the same time. I was told last year the spawn was not very successful, due to cold coming in while it was in process.

Bill
Old 06-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Wallhanger

Good questions Bill.Early last week they got on beds and we caught incredible numbers and all pretty big and in 1-2 ft of water in Nelson Lake.The other day in Peephole they just wernt there.We caught a few basicalky shallow and a few random oned 5-6 ft.But we had 0-2c mornings and water cooled off and kicked them from there beds.Found some suspended over 20 ft of water. I knew they would be there as i found them ĺast by accident when we had similar weather.They bit but not fast.They will come back again.its not over.Ill tru thurs or fri and see.Tomorow is a Cliff Lake day. Wife wants smallies and lakers.Will try some walleye spots to and cast for some pike.I suspect some muskie action somewhere in between.Closed still but they rule.lol.Weather looking good and not much wind.Bound to catch something.trying for a early start.just picked up our minnows at Clarks so we dont have to stop in there.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Wallhanger

Oh boy more teeth grinding tomorrow looking at your pics john