Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bet this maintenance fixes the leak next time - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Wallhanger

Default Bet this maintenance fixes the leak next time

LAS VEGAS — A 93-year-old man, upset about water damage in his apartment, walked into the leasing office and opened fire, hitting the maintenance manager twice at point-blank range, video shows.
Robert Thomas walks into the office Jan. 2 and is seen talking to the manager about water damage in his apartment, video shows. A woman at a desk nearby surreptitiously calls police.
Shortly afterward, Thomas pulls out a handgun and fires a shot that hits a computer screen across the room, the video shows. An employee, seen nearby, runs off. The woman at the desk walks toward the front door and asks Thomas if she can leave, and he lets her go, KABC reported.

KSNV News 3

@News3LV
Las Vegas man 93-year-old Robert Thomas was upset about water damage and flooding in his apartment. He shot a maintenance worker over it. https://news3lv.com/news/local/lvmpd...olice-shooting

LVMPD: Man who shot maintenance worker was angry about water damage in apartment
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said today that 93-year-old Robert Thomas was upset about water damage and flooding in his apartment, which led to him shooting a maintenance worker at...
news3lv.com

Thomas is then seen firing at the manager, who is seated in a chair close by, the video shows. The man falls to the floor and Thomas shoots him again.
Moments later, police fire a shot at the glass door, and Thomas puts down his gun, the video shows. Thomas is then dragged out of the office and taken into custody.
The manager was taken to a hospital and released with non-life-threatening injuries.
Thomas was arrested and charged with attempted murder with a deadly weapon, according to jail records.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...KOCXGLZVD3S64/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Wallhanger

Well he doesn't have to worry about water damage anymore where he's going.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:33 PM
Wallhanger

He should get a life sentence for this or 5 to 10 which ever comes 1st
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 05:47 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
He should get a life sentence for this or 5 to 10 which ever comes 1st
Can you share some examples of people who have done things like this and gotten 5-10 years? James Holmes got 12 consecutive life sentences. James Banks got a death sentence. Hasan got a death sentence. Unruh died while incarcerated (for 60 years.) Dylan Roof got life without parole. Manson died in prison. James Ruppert got two life sentences. Timothy McVeigh was put to death.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopertrout View Post
Can you share some examples of people who have done things like this and gotten 5-10 years? James Holmes got 12 consecutive life sentences. James Banks got a death sentence. Hasan got a death sentence. Unruh died while incarcerated (for 60 years.) Dylan Roof got life without parole. Manson died in prison. James Ruppert got two life sentences. Timothy McVeigh was put to death.
Yeah, but none of them had water damage.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopertrout View Post
The victim lived. I've had 3 friends murdered. All 2nd degree murder convictions. First guy that killed my 2 best friends in the same incident got 5-10 and out in less than 3 years. Other guy got 6-12 and out in 4 for a single second degree conviction.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Wallhanger

Ok the shooter is 93 years old a 5 to 10 year sentence would make him 98 to 103 if he lives that long. So in this case 5-10=life
It’s a joke. Get it?
Old 01-08-2020, 08:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
The victim lived. I've had 3 friends murdered. All 2nd degree murder convictions. First guy that killed my 2 best friends in the same incident got 5-10 and out in less than 3 years. Other guy got 6-12 and out in 4 for a single second degree conviction.
What were the motives behind the murders?

Where did this happen?

I can't imagine going through that.

"If you're wise enough to wear a seatbelt in your truck.....you're wise enough to wear a life jacket in your boat....." (B-man)

Grady White 208 Hard-top 200 Yami
Lund Pro V 1660 60 HP Merc
Pro-Line 24 wa 250 Verado (sold)
Lund 186 Tyee 175 Verado (sold)
Ram 2500 Cummins
Old 01-08-2020, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
What were the motives behind the murders?

Where did this happen?

I can't imagine going through that.
First case was road rage over a spot in line at Taco Bell. A guy(passenger) in the other car jumped on their hood and started kicking in the windshield, leading to them taking off and into a high speed chase with the driver repeatedly slamming into them, and eventually ran them off the road, sending them airborne and roof first into a tree. I didn't feel like Taco Bell that night and got out at the corner there at my parent's house or I would have been in the car, or the change in timing would have changed things. Still rips at me to this day of how one decision of to eat at Taco Bell that night could have changed the whole outcome.

Second incident was a friend and one of my truck drivers. His niece's boyfriend beat the crap out of her. He went to her home to see if she was OK afterwards and was met by boyfriend with a handgun. After some words exchanged, the boyfriend shot him through the screen door and in the heart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	robarticle.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	474.2 KB
ID:	314804  

Last edited by Custom Eyes; 01-08-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:35 PM
Wallhanger

I'm sorry to hear that Custom. It's especially unbelievable and an injustice that the man that shot and killed your friend was let off so easy. I hope the few years he did serve in prison at least changed his bowel movements for the rest of his life. I mean that in a completely serious way.

"If you're wise enough to wear a seatbelt in your truck.....you're wise enough to wear a life jacket in your boat....." (B-man)

Grady White 208 Hard-top 200 Yami
Lund Pro V 1660 60 HP Merc
Pro-Line 24 wa 250 Verado (sold)
Lund 186 Tyee 175 Verado (sold)
Ram 2500 Cummins

Last edited by B-man; 01-08-2020 at 08:38 PM.