Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2 Greatest Days - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2020, 07:23 AM
Wallhanger

I really should sell my boat.....
But am just too attached to it. I guess because it holds so many great memories in my heart. I really should sell it. But I’m not going to. 😊
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2020, 03:31 PM
Wallhanger

If those are the days in your life chances you are not fishing enough.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Wallhanger

If those are your beat days you 1) bought the wrong boat 2) need other hobbies
Old 07-07-2020, 06:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
If those are your beat days you 1) bought the wrong boat 2) need other hobbies
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 07-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Minnow

It's just a figure of speech! I heard some old guy say it a few years ago! I fish from a Lund pro v. Or at least I used to. I sold it about a month ago and am looking to replace it with either a little bit bigger pro v or maybe move to a glass boat. I see a few 619's and 620's for sale but don't know much about the 619's. I might have to wait until this fall to replace it by the looks of the prices on used boats. Maybe they will come down by then.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:43 PM
Keeper

It’s the difference between boaters and fisherman. I park my boat in my garage. I get joy from it just walking by it every morning. Every time I get in and pull out from the dock I feel a deep sense of happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-15-2020, 09:26 AM
Keeper

Personally, I agree with the original statement... It's been great the days I have pulled my boats home for the first time due to the excitement of a new toy, and it's been great the day I sold them, because that simply meant I was upgrading to something that was even more appealing to me. So yes - the two greatest days are both directly a result of upgrading!
Old 07-15-2020, 09:42 AM
Wallhanger

I have 3 boats.

boat 1. Mastercraft 205. enjoy the crap out of this boat as it's us out on a small lake, water all to ourselves and we just ski. 6year old twins and 8 year old are starting to get into water sports. Fun afternoons.

Boat 2. crestliner 186. i bought this for a song and dance, got a steel on it. knowing that it was a project when i bought it. that is what i wanted. I really enjoy working on improving it and getting it to how i want my main fishing boat. Engine has been a headache but is working good now. I've also got some hours with my wife in it, so she's on board with repowering at some point. EFI 4-stroke. will hopefully take alot of our headaches away.

Boat 3. Since i bought a 15hp aux engine for the 186, i wanted a little 14' deep boat for puddle jumping. this boat has turned into the main ski boat for the kids. 15efi fires right up, so light on gas just a sweetheart to be on.

for the most part i haven't had any real major mechanical issues with any of the boats. crestliner gave me some fits but i'm 95% sure those are behind me.

Worse day of my ownership on all of them was the purchase. I hate dealing with the general public. Best day was after the first day on the water with the "whew, it works" ha ha.