Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Beware Smoker Craft Rebate !!! Not standing tall!!!!! - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 09-26-2017, 08:59 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=REW;5784545]Barter,
From reading all of your posts, I see that you discovered why the rebate was not paid.

The rebate was for an older boat and you purchased a newer boat?

Glad that you got to the bottom of the issue and now enjoy your boat.

I have spent many very happy hours in the Smoker craft of my friend and can say that we certainly caught a lot of fish in that boat.

Good luck[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;5784577][QUOTE=barter1;5783361]You are right....here's the facts. My purchase does, in fact, qualify for the advertised rebate from Smoker Craft. The reason it was denied, according to the regional rep. for Smoker Craft via email to the dealer, is because the "dealer did not place an order for any 2018 MY units..." very understandable, rebate was for 2016/2017 model years. Makes complete sense.[/QUOTE]

What are the last 1/2 dozen digits of the hull VIN #. Did you purchase a "2018" model year hull, or a 16/17?

The rebate clearly states that 2016 & 2017 models are eligible. If you have a copy of the email from the Smokercraft rep to the dealer, do you have his name and email address, to ask him the question directly?

HRG[/QUOTE]I have zero issues with the boat(accept that my 6.5 and 7 ft. Rods don't fit in the floor rod storage as stated in the manual). The issue which you missed is that my boat is a 2017 WHICH IS A QUALIFYING BOAT FOR THE REBATE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=barter1;5784665][QUOTE=REW;5784545]Barter,
From reading all of your posts, I see that you discovered why the rebate was not paid.

The rebate was for an older boat and you purchased a newer boat?

Glad that you got to the bottom of the issue and now enjoy your boat.

I have spent many very happy hours in the Smoker craft of my friend and can say that we certainly caught a lot of fish in that boat.

Good luck[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;5784577][QUOTE=barter1;5783361]You are right....here's the facts. My purchase does, in fact, qualify for the advertised rebate from Smoker Craft. The reason it was denied, according to the regional rep. for Smoker Craft via email to the dealer, is because the "dealer did not place an order for any 2018 MY units..." very understandable, rebate was for 2016/2017 model years. Makes complete sense.[/QUOTE]

What are the last 1/2 dozen digits of the hull VIN #. Did you purchase a "2018" model year hull, or a 16/17?

The rebate clearly states that 2016 & 2017 models are eligible. If you have a copy of the email from the Smokercraft rep to the dealer, do you have his name and email address, to ask him the question directly?

HRG[/QUOTE]I have zero issues with the boat(accept that my 6.5 and 7 ft. Rods don't fit in the floor rod storage as stated in the manual). The issue which you missed is that my boat is a 2017 WHICH IS A QUALIFYING BOAT FOR THE REBATE.[/QUOTE] The IN AG and BBB have it now. Let's see what they say. The dealer did not have to announce their participation.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Keeper

something like this is where a class action is appropriate when mfg try anything and everything to get out of paying a rebate. I hate the litigious scociety we like in, but in this case imagine how many other claims could be denied that were eligible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2017, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=barter1;5784681]The IN AG and BBB have it now. Let's see what they say. The dealer did not have to announce their participation.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't hurt to put a factual posting on their FB page, lot's more eyeballs than WC. As much as I hate to admit it, social media has a way of waking companies up,,,,,,

[url]https://www.facebook.com/starcraftmarine/[/url]

HRG
Old 09-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;5784745][QUOTE=barter1;5784681]The IN AG and BBB have it now. Let's see what they say. The dealer did not have to announce their participation.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't hurt to put a factual posting on their FB page, lot's more eyeballs than WC. As much as I hate to admit it, social media has a way of waking companies up,,,,,,

[url]https://www.facebook.com/starcraftmarine/[/url]

HRG[/QUOTE] Thanks. Great idea.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Wallhanger

Will throw this at you, and I posted about this before and may be of help.
I bought a Sunoco lifetime battery and Sunoco tried to get out of the lifetime warranty, the FTC said they will replace the battery for as long as I own the car as per stated warranty.
Contacting the Federal Trade Commission may be another option for you, I don't think you mentioned them. Good luck!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=grizzley;5784769]Will throw this at you, and I posted about this before and may be of help.
I bought a Sunoco lifetime battery and Sunoco tried to get out of the lifetime warranty, the FTC said they will replace the battery for as long as I own the car as per stated warranty.
Contacting the Federal Trade Commission may be another option for you, I don't think you mentioned them. Good luck![/QUOTE] Another great idea. Thank you.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

You use the words that the dealer did not order any 2018 models.

So, in the eyes of SMOKERCRAFT mean that the place where you purchased the boat - no longer a Smoker Craft dealer? Is that the reason that the rebate is not being honored?

If so, can't you take the rebate to a different SmokerCraft dealer who has ordered some 2018 models for the collection of the rebate?

Be safe
Old 09-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=REW;5784913]You use the words that the dealer did not order any 2018 models.

So, in the eyes of SMOKERCRAFT mean that the place where you purchased the boat - no longer a Smoker Craft dealer? Is that the reason that the rebate is not being honored?

If so, can't you take the rebate to a different SmokerCraft dealer who has ordered some 2018 models for the collection of the rebate?

Be safe[/QUOTE]

Probably not. Generally when it requires "participating dealers", that means the dealer takes part of the hit on the rebate. They take a small cut in profit from the sale, but in theory make more sales from the rebate incentive. A dealer is not going to fork out $$ for a boat they didn't sell.

I still don't get the manufacturer's stance. If the dealer did not order any boats for 2018, that should not matter. The poster bought a 2017 model in 2017 with a rebate good for 2016 and 2017 models. 2018 orders are irrelevant.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=REW;5784913]You use the words that the dealer did not order any 2018 models.

Be safe[/QUOTE] Your take on this seems accurate. Interesting idea. The cat's out of the bag so to speak. Something to tbink about. Not too sure any dealer would go for that since i didn't buy from them. Plus, Smoker Craft probably knows my nameby now. Thanks so much for your input.