Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Has anyone figured out a good way to store track-mount accessories? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Wallhanger

Default Has anyone figured out a good way to store track-mount accessories?

I bought some nice tube and cradle rod holders and risers for my new boat, and I'm trying to figure out a good way to store them when they're not mounted on my Bert's Tracks. I don't want to just toss them loose into one of the boat's compartments and have them banging around against each other and whatever else is stowed with them, but I don't want to go to some cumbersome packaging system that would be a pain to deal with every time I want to pull them out or put them away, either.

Anybody come up with something they like for dealing with this?

Gerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2020, 08:08 PM
Wallhanger

All of my rod holders are of the plastic variety. If I had the nice aluminum ones and was really worried about a few dings in my rod holders I would make socks out of a heavy cloth/felt type material to store them in. Probably a bigger PITA to make the socks and store the holders like that than just put up with a few dings.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Slot Fish

Duffle bag? Wrapped in a towel? Or leave them in an out of the way place on the tracks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2020, 10:56 PM
Wallhanger

https://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.c...be-sleeve-5444
Cisco rod sleeve protecter.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:23 AM
welll

I mounted a track on the underside of a rod box and hang unused items there.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:05 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by welll View Post
I mounted a track on the underside of a rod box and hang unused items there.
Clever!

That's more what I had in mind than some kind of sleeve. (Though I appreciate everyone's suggestions!) I'm more interested in safely and accessibly keeping these items where I put them rather than in packaging them somehow.

Along these lines, has anyone done anything with pole clips affixed to a wall of a compartment or maybe to the underside of a compartment's lid? I'm thinking then the items could just be snapped into and held by the clips until I want to use them.

Gerry
Old 08-13-2020, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Put them all together in a group and wrap a bungee around the holders and toss them into a storage compartment. They won't bump against each other and since they are in a group, they will be less likely to bang into other things as well.

take care
Old 08-13-2020, 01:05 PM
Keeper

I am working on a solution for the same problem. Right now I am trying to work out the details on a plan to utilize a seat base in the back and mount one maybe two tracks on and store them on there. Then when at the lake install rod holders and remove storage rack and leave it in the truck. I plan on working on this over the winter so I have time to mock a few thing up.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Old 08-13-2020, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

Goose,
Rather than going through that work, simply make or purchase a duffle bag of a size that will hold everything you need for the holders. Put them all together in the bag and the bag will keep them from bouncing around. Put them in the back of the truck or some place in the boat, and when you get to the lake mount them, roll up the bag and stow it in a cubby.

No need to spend a lot of time and money for such a need.

===========================
I have some different items for the boat that need a bit of special handling. I took quilted fabric, and made a double layer bag with a 1 inch layer of foam in between the layers of fabric with my sewing machine. I put a hook and loop velcro at the top of the bag and it works very well to protect the fragile items.

===========================

Take care
Old 08-14-2020, 08:14 PM
Wallhanger

I use the cloth backpacks that the kids run around with that has the drawstring handles on it. One of the 4 rod holders from each side of the boat. Before I place them in the backpack, I place them in a fleece pocket that is made from an old pillow case. Had a friend whom sews to sew a cross the pillow case twice in the shape of a cross then cut between which will then make 4 pockets.

This keeps the holders protected from each other and the backpack is easy to place in my side storage on my boat. Works great to grab them out and hand to one of the guys going fishing and have him set up his side of the boat.

In fact one of the bags was freebie that Bass pro gave away at a fishing show. The other was free from some investment firm from another show.