Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Garmin Panoptix Livescope - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 11-18-2020, 01:27 PM
Keeper

I have had one about a year now. Very effective both on and off the ice. The ability to see the fish react to different lures or presentations is amazingly helpful. You can see fish swim up to a bait and then swim off. This is frustrating. You wouldn't believe the amount of crappie that will swim up to a live minnow and stare at it then swim off. You can change baits till you find the one they want. I have done this on hard and soft water.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Keeper

on the livescope ice bundle, how long is your battery life?
thinking I may go for the boat version

thanks Dan
Old 12-08-2020, 05:59 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellowdog View Post
on the livescope ice bundle, how long is your battery life?
thinking I may go for the boat version

thanks Dan
I think I was getting about 4 hours with the stock battery. I just got a lithium battery for it and have used it up to 6 hours and not seen a voltage drop yet. I am thinking I may get close to 10 hours with the new battery.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Old 01-26-2021, 11:47 AM
Slot Fish

Default bOAT/ICE Panoptix

I take mine off the boat and use it on the ice in a small case I made out of wood. Dont need to remove the normal transducer, just the Panoptix transducer. I have the Pan transducer on a pole with the wires routed out of sight but use clips for easy removal/install. Power it with a HEAVY motorcycle battery. Power hungry lil critter! Need to go lithium!

Another plus is that you have GPS so if you have any waypoints on your Garmin, they will show up in GPS mode.

Scale of 1-10=9
Old 03-05-2021, 03:26 PM
ozzie00

The panoptix livescope is a great tool in the winter! I have been with buddies this year and it is an amazing search tool. I would not use them once on fish but to use to locate schools of fish, or to check out structure they are great! They are bulky but when you can cut a hole and search 120feet, 360 degrees around you surely makes for the run n gun fishing better than the old drill 30 holes in an area and hope there are fish. We watch how the fish react to the sounds of the auger, vehicle traffic, and even when walking over them. They do not guarantee fish as you still have to locate them and they have to stay in one place so you can land on them but it sure does improve your chances! We found a tree recently and the image was so clear to look at each individual branch. If I find $3000 laying around somewhere I will probably have to invest in one! don't think that will be anytime soon though!