Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger Boats adds new aluminum models to line up - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-13-2018, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

Default Ranger Boats adds new aluminum models to line up

Ranger Boats Expands Deep V Aluminum Line with All-New VX1888, VX1788 and VS1660
Existing model lineup also receives new design and styling

FLIPPIN, Ark. (November 12, 2018) - Ranger's popular Deep V Aluminum line of boats is expanding with the introduction of the all-new VX1888, VX1788 and VS1660 models. Ranger Boats' aluminum line has seen explosive growth due to an unrelenting commitment to delivering innovative designs, feature-packed interiors and unrivaled styling.

"We have long received positive feedback from customers and dealers on the versatility of our popular 1850MS Reata and 1880MS Angler. We wanted to extend those features and benefits to our aluminum line in the VX1888 and VX1788 and are excited to bring them to market," said Ranger Sales Manager Mark Zwicker. "The new VS1660, not to be outdone, was designed for the value-minded angler who needs a smaller boat that doesn't compromise on features and performance."

The VX Series sports a refined look with custom fitted, color-matched marine upholstery, high gloss paint, rich chrome Ranger graphics and custom-built Ranger Trail trailer for a sharp fit and finish. The boats borrow their fiberglass console design from the 1850MS Reata with flush-mounted electronics and a host of easy-to-read gauges.

Versatility is paramount in the VX Series. The front bow serves double duty as a casting deck or, with the addition of included padding and permanent side bolsters, a lounging area for family members. The center storage holds either fishing rods up to 7 feet, 6 inches, or a collection of water skis. The trolling motor foot pedal conveniently stores in a custom compartment under the deck when not in use.

The influence from the 1850MS Reata and the 1880MS Angler continues with the inclusion of fiberglass into the bow panel that accepts electronics up to 12 inches along with a forward fiberglass baitwell. The spacious rear casting deck houses two fold-down jump seats flanked by an innovative fiberglass fish station complete with an oversized, aerated livewell.

For families, the VX Series comfortably sits up to six people and offers family-friendly features such as integrated drink holders, on-board USB charging at both consoles, chrome reboarding ladder, available ski tow, in-floor cooler, ample gunnel storage, stereo and concealed bimini storage.

The VX1888 measures 18 feet, 11 inches, with a 102-inch beam that will accept a variety of factory-installed outboards up to 225 horsepower. The VX1788 comes in at 18 feet, 2 inches, and accepts outboards up to 175 horsepower. The VX1888 and VX1788 are both available in either walk-through windshield or dual console configurations.

Switching gears, the all-new VS1660 is designed to be easy on the wallet and also a serious fishing machine that fits into just about any garage. The 16-foot boat has a 75-inch transom and will accept outboards up to 50 horsepower. Despite its small footprint, storage does not suffer with the VS1660. Lockable storage compartments along the gunnels provide ample room to keep items dry and out of the way.

A wide-open cockpit space with multiple configurations for seating allow for the optimal set up for any given day. The fiberglass console features a binnacle-mounted throttle and accepts electronics up to 7 inches with the bow handling 9-inch electronics.

Features of the VS1660 that are not usually associated with economically priced boats includes 8-foot rod storage, premium seating, livewell/baitwell and concealed battery and fuel storage. A portable 6-gallon fuel tank also comes standard, with room for a second. This small boat packs lots of features and looks as good as it performs.

The original aluminum lineup - VS1882, VS1782, VS1682, VS1670- have adopted the new design and styling of the VX Series for 2019 models. These proven and popular boat models are also available in three new color packages - Carbon Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic and Fusion, which features lime green accents. The new look is complemented with a custom-built Ranger Trail® trailer that perfectly matches each boat for smooth, easy towing and maneuvering.

Ranger's new Deep V aluminum offerings are built in Flippin, Arkansas, and benefit from more than 50 years of experience making the best boats in the market. With the continued growth of the aluminum line, Ranger has been able to expand its capabilities in the Flippin plant to accommodate the increased demand for durable and quality aluminum products Ranger owners have come to expect.

2019 RANGER VX1888 WT/DC
Overall Hull Length: 18 feet, 11 inches
Beam: 102 inches
Maximum HP: 225
Inside Depth: 27 inches
Fuel Capacity: 47 gallons
Approx. Boat Weight: 2,100 lbs.
Trailer GVWR: SM4700

2019 RANGER VX1788 WT/DC
Overall Hull Length: 18 feet, 2 inches
Beam: 102 inches
Maximum HP: 175
Inside Depth: 27 inches
Fuel Capacity: 40 gallons
Approx. Boat Weight: 1,950 lbs.
Trailer GVWR: SM4200

2019 RANGER VS1660SC
Overall Hull Length: 16 feet
Beam: 75 inches
Maximum HP: 50
Inside Depth: 20 inches
Fuel Capacity: 6 gallons (12 gal. with optional second tank)
Approx. Boat Weight: 975 lbs.
Trailer GVWR: SM2995

About Ranger Boats
Headquartered in Flippin, Ark., Ranger Boats is the nation's premier manufacturer of legendary fiberglass and aluminum fishing boats, with acclaimed models and series in the bass, multi-species, fish 'n play, saltwater, waterfowl utility and pontoon boat segments. Founded in 1968 by Forrest L. Wood, Ranger Boats continues its commitment to building the highest-quality, strongest-performing boats on the water. For more information, go to RangerBoats.com.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewRanger.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	305520  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Keeper

When I looked at Rangers, their boats were pretty plane jane for the price. Those look a bit more decked out.

Those boats are also really heavy for the length. but they have the HP to back them up so... Good luck.
112 Ulterra linked with Birds
Old 11-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

Does Tracker make the aluminum boats for Ranger?
Minn Kota Terrova
Lowrance Elite 7Ti
Cisco rod holders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Wallhanger

I'd wager to say yes. Hulls look exactly the same construction but the Ranger's interior is nicer so not sure if that's done elsewhere.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Wallhanger

Ranger has its own aluminum factory in Flippin Ark just down the road from the fiberglass factory. Only Ranger aluminum is made there by Ranger employees from start to finish. Its quite an impressive facility. No connection to Tracker boats other than the owner.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:37 PM
Wallhanger

Ranger’s new Deep V aluminum offerings are built in Flippin, Arkansas, and benefit from more than 50 years of experience making the best boats in the market. With the continued growth of the aluminum line, Ranger has been able to expand its capabilities in the Flippin plant to accommodate the increased demand for durable and quality aluminum products Ranger owners have come to expect.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:58 PM
Minnow

The previous ranger aluminum hulls on 1780, 1782, 1880, 1882, etc, were in-fact made my tracker and appeared to have just as many problems. I would assume that these boats must also be made by tracker given the low pricing.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Wallhanger

I've been shopping for my new new boat. Looking at the Ranger VS 1670 WT and the Tracker Pro Guide V 16 WT. I've put the actual eyeball on both and yes there is a difference in the hulls and interior layouts, along with fit and finish. The Ranger Trailer is hands down a superior trailer. After the 1st of the year, I will be making my purchase.If I can find the Ranger within a days drive, I'll buy it, If not, I'll purchase the Tracker either a 2018 or 2019 model as there are 3 within 1 hr of my home. My fishing season has just started, will not wait 9 weeks for a Ranger after ordering, yet I can take the Tracker home the same day. The wife likes the Ranger,while I'm good with either.

Last edited by fishin10; 11-19-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
Ranger’s new Deep V aluminum offerings are built in Flippin, Arkansas, and benefit from more than 50 years of experience making the best boats in the market. With the continued growth of the aluminum line, Ranger has been able to expand its capabilities in the Flippin plant to accommodate the increased demand for durable and quality aluminum products Ranger owners have come to expect.
When you say "more than 50 years of experience making the best boats in the market" I have to assume that you are referring to their glass boats. Ranger began building aluminum boats in 1993 thru 2002. They quit for awhile and then started again in 2012 for the 2013 model year to present. So...they have been building aluminum boats for ~17 years.

In contrast, Lund built its first aluminum boat in 1948, and has been building them ever sense, for roughly 70 years. I would argue that all things considered, Lund builds a better aluminum boat than Ranger. I know that Ranger has the name, but that doesn't make it a better aluminum boat.
Minn Kota Terrova
Lowrance Elite 7Ti
Cisco rod holders
Old 11-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundman1! View Post
When you say "more than 50 years of experience making the best boats in the market" I have to assume that you are referring to their glass boats. Ranger began building aluminum boats in 1993 thru 2002. They quit for awhile and then started again in 2012 for the 2013 model year to present. So...they have been building aluminum boats for ~17 years.

In contrast, Lund built its first aluminum boat in 1948, and has been building them ever sense, for roughly 70 years. I would argue that all things considered, Lund builds a better aluminum boat than Ranger. I know that Ranger has the name, but that doesn't make it a better aluminum boat.
I have owned a Lund for the past 16 years. It is great and held up well. I copied the text from a Ranger add to show they build their own aluminum boats. I have been to the facility and they make their own aluminum boats. Not Tracker. I am not in the market for a Ranger, aluminum or glass. Just saying what I know. Bob