Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance HDS9 Gen 3 Slow Response - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Minnow

Default Reporting back - solution

I finally took the time to install version 7 of the software. Only had the boat out once but I believe that did the trick, no freezing sonar. It was very consistent with 18.3 that it always froze for about 10 minutes shortly after start up. It did ask me if I wanted to update my software, I gave it a hard NO. Thanks for the help. I am not impressed that Lowrance would end their software updates for my unit with a version with such a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2019, 03:11 PM
Minnow

Default HDS 9 Gen 3 sonar scroll stops

I ran across this thread while checking for news before posting. Maybe this is relevant?

My two-year-old HDS9 Gen3, worked just fine last season. I updated to 18.2 fairly recently. Now, I go out on the water and for the first 30 minutes or maybe an hour, it works fine. But eventually the sonar scrolls, for 2d sonar and for sidescan and for structure scan (I have Airmar TM150M and LSS2 transducers connected) all start to operate intermittently, pausing at first for 5-10 seconds before re-starting, then pausing for 20-30 seconds before restarting, then finally stopping altogether.

Power on/power off does nothing. Sonar stop/start does nothing. Changing scroll speed does nothing. Except if I get off the water, go home, and come back the next day, it works at first, then repeats the cycle described above. Chart operation is unaffected.

When it works, everything is good. But it's not much help without the scroll. Have not heard back from Lowrance yet.