Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
LEDs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Minnow

Default LEDs

Hey everyone,
I have come to the conclusion that if I am ever going to go fishing again it will be at night. Such are the problems created when your 97 YO M-I-L moves in. So on to the mods.
I have finished the install on my "docking lights" on the bow and have installed two of the four red 6 led units that will be in the cockpit and on a dimmer. These are all working well and the last two will be a breeze because they are going in the under the seat bulkhead and I have direct access through the underseat storage bin.
What I need assistance on is the underwater lights. I do not want to punch holes in the hull and I hate drop ins so I have an idea I need opinions on. I installed Nauticus ProTrollers and they have additional holes for trim adjustment, mine runs great in the middle hole. These holes are 1/4" so I am thinking about installing 2, 6MM bolt LEDs per tab. They could face outwards, inwards or one each way and with the tabs in the down position will be located about 8-10"s below the surface The Onzium LEDs are rated at 1 watt and 6 lumens. Any experience with these LEDs. I am wondering if the 4 will provide enough underwater light to act as an attractant or just a pretty glow. If it is just a pretty glow I will probably pass.