Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Florida Fishing Atlantic or Gulf? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2019, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Default Florida Fishing Atlantic or Gulf?

Taking a trip with the family to mouse world in February. Yay....

Me and the son in laws want to take a day charter fishing somewhere. Looking for advice weather to fish gulf side or Atlantic in February? They just want to catch fish.

Any charter recommendations?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2019, 09:05 AM
Wallhanger

Have taken several bass trips in and around WD........best was at the Disney Market Place on a pontoon boat. Several 6+ bass pulling around live shiners. If you go ONLY take the morning charter. I took my wife and 2 young boys and we all caught fish. Reservations are a MUST. No license needed.

Also did 1 head boat charter out of Cocoa Beach which was barely OK and another head boat in the gulf out of Tampa which again was barely OK catching 10 - 14" grey snapper. I would NOT waste my money again.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fishing/
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Have taken several bass trips in and around WD........best was at the Disney Market Place on a pontoon boat. Several 6+ bass pulling around live shiners. If you go ONLY take the morning charter. I took my wife and 2 young boys and we all caught fish. Reservations are a MUST. No license needed.

Also did 1 head boat charter out of Cocoa Beach which was barely OK and another head boat in the gulf out of Tampa which again was barely OK catching 10 - 14" grey snapper. I would NOT waste my money again.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fishing/
That's a great idea Bobby, thanks. All the past fishing reports in February seem eh and you confirmed what I was thinking and worried about. I have paid plenty for ocean boat rides, but never been to Florida.

I think the Bass do spawn down there around February? Maybe I should shift gears and think fresh water.

Thanks for the link on the Disney fishing. That sounds like a good afternoon with the grandkids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2019, 09:42 AM
Wallhanger

February fishing can tough. But they can hole up in the winter and if you know where they are you can have great days.

If you don't get to fish the salt very often, I would still fish the gulf. Freshwater is available up north.

Nick is good people. Good young guy working hard and putting people on fish. Crystal River FL, my favorite town in FL. Like going to Florida 30 years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/highoctanefishing/