Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I suck..... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Old 01-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Default I suck.....

at pouring two color plastic worms, grubs, anything. My colors always mix even though I'm using a dual injector with conversion attachment.

I don't know if I'm getting the medium too hot or filling too slow or what.

Even the two pour grubs blend colors into junk when the mold is opened.

Have watched numerous videos online and I don't see what I'm doing different than them.

I'm starting to think that I'm getting the medium too hot and the colors simply mix while injecting. Need to try something else before surrendering. I usually heat to I have a good pour consistency that is around 320 to 340 degrees F.

Doing my own worms has opened up a great way to try colors and scents. Some are success and others a glorious flop.......

The two color thing has me considering letting my man card expire......

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Wallhanger

Hey Pooch, I don't have any experience using dual injectors but I'll try to give you a couple ideas. I have had bleeding issues such as you describe when doing core shots. I'm thinking we may be holding pressure, too long while injecting plastic into our molds, or possibly plastic is too hot. I'm gonna play around a bit this pouring season to cure this. Do-it molds forums has a wealth of info as well as tackleunderground. Let us know if you find a solution to your issue. Enjoy making your own plastics, it's fun and rewarding.

Nails.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Keeper

little late to reply, but it sounds to me like your temps are a little off, try to get them within 5-10 degrees of each other, should work good. also some mold just tend to do that, i havent tried to inject any dual inject any grub molds, but havent had any problems with any mold dual inject badly since my first run. i find that the overall temp isnt that important (obviously you dont want to burn the plastic) as much as the temps being close to each other.