Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird and MinnKota are on fire this year - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-24-2016, 10:32 AM
Keeper

Default Humminbird and MinnKota are on fire this year

Minnkota:

Ultrex---what doesn't this motor do?

New Spot Lock

New custom touchscreen remotes

Circle feature

Humminbird

Mega SI and DI----did not see this one coming at all

Weed and bottom transition mapping on Autochart live---can't believe nobody is talking about how cool this is---

Nice work Johnson Outdoors---this list is impressive for a short time span. I cannot wait to use this stuff next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2016, 11:48 AM
Wallhanger

People will spend the cash and 2 years later they will come out out with the super doper mega helix that can tell you exactly how many fish are below you and what kind they are how many pounds each one is and whats in their bellies so you can tell if they are hungry or not.

At some point technology moves so fast that only people with tons of cash can keep up. I dont need to see the shadow of a fish and i dont need to see the bolts on a bridge or the speedo numbers on a sunken boat. And guessing whats under the water is part of what makes fishing fun and an adventure.

But im still impressed on were things are going, just cant keep up, well not yet anyway
Terrova w-Link

Last edited by Darrenf442; 11-24-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenf442 View Post
People will spend the cash and 2 years later they will come out out with the super doper mega helix that can tell you have many fish are below you and what kind they are and whats in their bellies so you can tell if they are hungry or not.

At some point technology moves so fast that only people with tons of cash can keep up. I dont need to see the shadow of a fish and i dont need to see the bolts on a bridge or the speedo numbers on a sunken boat. And guessing whats under the water is part of what makes fishing fun and an adventure.

Yes, in two years whatever is out now will be eclipsed. And you're right that we don't need to see the bolts on a bridge, but for those of us who can't afford to upgrade every two years, well, lets just say that it gives us something to dream about. Happy Thanksgiving Darren, and may Santa stop at Johnson Outdoor Products before going to your house.

andersaki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Wallhanger

Wife called santa and told him he better NOT be stopping at johnson outdoors. lol But i think i got her convinced to let the easter bunny bring me a new terrova or ulterra in the spring. I already sold my terrova so i hope it works out.

Wife has come to grips with me buying new stuff. She knows she can get mad and ill go fishing or she can be happy and go fishing with me. Either way im going fishing.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you aswell.
Terrova w-Link
Old 11-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

H12 mega has me intrigued. Even with a month old H12 on the bow. Ultrex should be great, but I'd be more than happy if my Terrova IPILOT Link Spot locked as well as my original IPILOT. (Which it is no where close) for the most part, it acts like it's thoroughly confused on what it's supposed to be doing. Would like a,software update to make it operate as before.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:47 AM
Slot Fish

Default Wishes Came True

1)HB successfully networked a MFD with a trolling motor. To follow the contours.
2) Chirp technology available at a price we can afford. Really improved what we see on the screen.
3) Garmin's introduction with panoptix live forward and down vu.
4) Down scan and side scan technology keeps getting better but today good enough for me.
5) Lakes map chips....hated those paper chart maps, didn't you.

We have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

Gary
Old 11-27-2016, 08:16 PM
Keeper

Think of it this way. If we have this technology, imagine what our military can see?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:35 AM
Keeper

You are not kidding who knows what they have but, this is truly scary how far technology has come.

https://youtu.be/ohmajJTcpNk
Old 12-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Wallhanger

One thing the Ultrex doesn't do: You can't trim it up and down like the Ulterra

Dunno about anyone else, but I trim mine up when running shallow all the time...like when I need to go get the lure I just stuck in a log in shallow water....