Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Sioux Lookout minnows - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2019, 06:54 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IaDave14 View Post
Everyone has their routine when heading to Canada. A group I often go with stops at Rainy Lake sports in Fort Frances for their license. I stop at the Great Bear which is 12 miles east of Fort Frances close to where you turn north on 502. Large parking area and usually not busy and good coffee.FYI when you get close to Sioux Lookout start looking for the JD baits sign on the left side
As you won't see any buildings till you get in the driveway. If you go past Anderson's lodge you have passed JD Baits.
Good tip on finding JD’s place. They are tucked back in off of the highway.

PjShorthorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2019, 06:28 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Good tip on finding JD’s place. They are tucked back in off of the highway.

PjShorthorn
My landmark is the Fireside Road sign going north. When I see that sign, I start slowing down, JD is the next driveway on the left. There is a power pole with a big wooden box hanging on it, and that's the driveway. Once you pull in, the sign is tucked back into the brush on the south side of the driveway.

Going south, past Anderson's, on the east side of the road there's a house with a yard that looks like a Redneck garage sale is going on. Just past there, on the right, is JD.

Edit to add...if that's your house....I think the eclectic mix of flotsam and jetsam is a cool touch....

Last edited by bigwalleye1; 09-06-2019 at 06:32 AM.