Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
MCW brochures - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Harms

Default MCW brochures

I just got my 2008 MWC brouchure. One thing I noticed was some editing. The 2007 Team of the Year guys had one of their sponsors edited off the picture.
I thought maybe they lost or gave up that sponsorship, but after a quick call to Evinrude, this was not the case.

I know most everyone in this circuit has some type of sponsor. Sponsorship is one of the things that makes these tournaments happen. The company gets some recognition if the anglers do well.

Evinrude may not sponsor the MWC directly, but they shouldn't be blotted out by some geek with photoshop, either.

My question is where do you people draw the line? If I do well next year, will some of MY sponsors be edited out of pictures?
What gives you the right to do that.

Shame on the MWC for doing this. I for one, will not be giving you any of my sponsor money this year. I'll take my sponsor money and try the FLW.

I can only assume YOUR sponsors agree with your actions, and I'll do my best to let everyone I know who those sponsors are and encourage them to take their money elsewhere.

THIS IS PRETTY LOW and I hope others will choose to support a circuit that supports it's anglers and the people who sponsor them!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Harms

Default MCW brochures

I just got my 2008 MWC brouchure. One thing I noticed was some editing. The 2007 Team of the Year guys had one of their sponsors edited off the picture.
I thought maybe they lost or gave up that sponsorship, but after a quick call to Evinrude, this was not the case.

I know most everyone in this circuit has some type of sponsor. Sponsorship is one of the things that makes these tournaments happen. The company gets some recognition if the anglers do well.

Evinrude may not sponsor the MWC directly, but they shouldn't be blotted out by some geek with photoshop, either.

My question is where do you people draw the line? If I do well next year, will some of MY sponsors be edited out of pictures?
What gives you the right to do that.

Shame on the MWC for doing this. I for one, will not be giving you any of my sponsor money this year. I'll take my sponsor money and try the FLW.

I can only assume YOUR sponsors agree with your actions, and I'll do my best to let everyone I know who those sponsors are and encourage them to take their money elsewhere.

THIS IS PRETTY LOW and I hope others will choose to support a circuit that supports it's anglers and the people who sponsor them!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: MCW brochures

"I'll take my sponsor money and try the FLW."

Good luck getting your sponsors recognized in the FLW brochures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

"I'll take my sponsor money and try the FLW."

Good luck getting your sponsors recognized in the FLW brochures.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:23 AM
GF

Considering the MWC sponsors spend a lot of money on the Championship, AND other items as well I think they should be able to control what goes on their brochures.
I have always been a firm believer when fishing either circuit FLW or MWC is to buy sponsors products as best I could, Individuals with sponsors outside of these circuit sponsors know this as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:23 AM
GF

Considering the MWC sponsors spend a lot of money on the Championship, AND other items as well I think they should be able to control what goes on their brochures.
I have always been a firm believer when fishing either circuit FLW or MWC is to buy sponsors products as best I could, Individuals with sponsors outside of these circuit sponsors know this as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Harms

Default RE: MWC brochures

I've NEVER seen someone's SHIRT edited in ANY other mailing/photos,FLW, PWT or and other tournament.

I'll take my chances anyway.

What sort of message does this send out? "Good luck fishermen, as long as you only win while displaying OUR sponsers we'll let you in.
If your shirt doesn't have the right logo, we'll just photoshop it out."

Maybe they can start editing ugly people, too? If the winners don't have appealing looks, we can edit another face onto you.

Maybe the MWC could explain why they did this?
That might help us understand it better.

Edit: had to edit out your one line...play nice please. :shame:
Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Harms

Default RE: MWC brochures

I've NEVER seen someone's SHIRT edited in ANY other mailing/photos,FLW, PWT or and other tournament.

I'll take my chances anyway.

What sort of message does this send out? "Good luck fishermen, as long as you only win while displaying OUR sponsers we'll let you in.
If your shirt doesn't have the right logo, we'll just photoshop it out."

Maybe they can start editing ugly people, too? If the winners don't have appealing looks, we can edit another face onto you.

Maybe the MWC could explain why they did this?
That might help us understand it better.

Edit: had to edit out your one line...play nice please. :shame:
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

>"I'll take my sponsor money and try the FLW."
>
>Good luck getting your sponsors recognized in the FLW
>brochures.
>

Bernie,
The FLW may not seek out pictures of anglers with Mercury shirts on (example only), for use in their brochures, but they certainly do not airbrush out your other sponsors you may have on your shirts either.
Case and point:
Joe M's shirt on the cover of the 07 Tour brochure shows a couple sponsors that are not FLW sponsors too. They weren't airbrushed out.

I have a problem with what the MWC did too. That just wasn't right, unless they spoke to the team about it first, and got their permission. And, I can't believe the team would give them permission to do that, IF they WERE asked.

If it were me...I know I would rather that they NOT use my picture, than to take liberties in deleting my sponsors without my permission.

BUT...with that said...(of course)lol

If one were to look at the MWC application, and at the very last paragraph of the official rules, it states:

"C. Photos & Video Release: I understand and agree that any and all photographs, videos or films taken during the course of my participation in the tournament which includes me, my name and/or my boat may be used by the tournament organizers, sponsors or media without my prior consent and without royalties."

So, in other words, the pics belong to the MWC and they can do with them what they want. That doesn't make what they did "right" though.

Juls
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

>"I'll take my sponsor money and try the FLW."
>
>Good luck getting your sponsors recognized in the FLW
>brochures.
>

Bernie,
The FLW may not seek out pictures of anglers with Mercury shirts on (example only), for use in their brochures, but they certainly do not airbrush out your other sponsors you may have on your shirts either.
Case and point:
Joe M's shirt on the cover of the 07 Tour brochure shows a couple sponsors that are not FLW sponsors too. They weren't airbrushed out.

I have a problem with what the MWC did too. That just wasn't right, unless they spoke to the team about it first, and got their permission. And, I can't believe the team would give them permission to do that, IF they WERE asked.

If it were me...I know I would rather that they NOT use my picture, than to take liberties in deleting my sponsors without my permission.

BUT...with that said...(of course)lol

If one were to look at the MWC application, and at the very last paragraph of the official rules, it states:

"C. Photos & Video Release: I understand and agree that any and all photographs, videos or films taken during the course of my participation in the tournament which includes me, my name and/or my boat may be used by the tournament organizers, sponsors or media without my prior consent and without royalties."

So, in other words, the pics belong to the MWC and they can do with them what they want. That doesn't make what they did "right" though.

Juls
Closed Thread