Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
MCW brochures - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Frank L

Default RE: MCW brochures

is this true? did they remove sponsor names from a picture?
iI don't fish tournaments but would like to if i ever get good at it. haha.

if they're going to take away the main reason i can afford to fish, why would i do it? sit sounds like maybe they don't want competiton?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Frank L

is this true? did they remove sponsor names from a picture?
iI don't fish tournaments but would like to if i ever get good at it. haha.

if they're going to take away the main reason i can afford to fish, why would i do it? sit sounds like maybe they don't want competiton?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Tim Harms

Just so there is no confusion of those that know me, this post was not originated by me. Nor do I support any of the comments by the originator of this post.

Thanks
Tim Harms – MWC participant for the past 5 years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Tim Harms

Just so there is no confusion of those that know me, this post was not originated by me. Nor do I support any of the comments by the originator of this post.

Thanks
Tim Harms – MWC participant for the past 5 years.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Wallhanger

Hey Harms, if you take your money to the FLW, your in for a rude awakening if you ever make a top 10. If you are running a non ranger/G3/Evinrude/Yamaha your "other" brand will never get shown on TV. You also won't have a problem getting your sponsors photoshoped out, becuase they wont let you wear anything unless it has one of the FLW sponsors name on it.

Mnwalleyehunter
Wallhanger

Hey Harms, if you take your money to the FLW, your in for a rude awakening if you ever make a top 10. If you are running a non ranger/G3/Evinrude/Yamaha your "other" brand will never get shown on TV. You also won't have a problem getting your sponsors photoshoped out, becuase they wont let you wear anything unless it has one of the FLW sponsors name on it.

Mnwalleyehunter
harms

Juls,

Thanks for the post.

The MWC has the rights to use photos, etc, but it doesn't state that they can edit those pictures as they see fit.

Can someone take a picture of my boat and change the name on the wrap?
Can they edit a picture of me and put on a beard, maybe "MWC RULES!!" on my forehead?

This is very poor taste on someone's part and I hope they have the decency to explain their actions.

You won't see me this year. This circuit has been declining for a few years and this is the icing on the cake!
harms

Juls,

Thanks for the post.

The MWC has the rights to use photos, etc, but it doesn't state that they can edit those pictures as they see fit.

Can someone take a picture of my boat and change the name on the wrap?
Can they edit a picture of me and put on a beard, maybe "MWC RULES!!" on my forehead?

This is very poor taste on someone's part and I hope they have the decency to explain their actions.

You won't see me this year. This circuit has been declining for a few years and this is the icing on the cake!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Hmmm

If it's clearly written in the MWC contestant rules that they can alter photos, etc., then it's just the way it goes. However, if they don't have any clause in there regarding what sponsors you can display, like the FLW does regarding their TV days, then this is truly a poor play on the part of the MWC.

Most likely scenario here is that whoever gets the sponsorships for the MWC promised MErcury that no competing folks would be on the MWC brochures. If this is the case it once again shows how little they, fishing tournament companies, value the anglers.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Hmmm

If it's clearly written in the MWC contestant rules that they can alter photos, etc., then it's just the way it goes. However, if they don't have any clause in there regarding what sponsors you can display, like the FLW does regarding their TV days, then this is truly a poor play on the part of the MWC.

Most likely scenario here is that whoever gets the sponsorships for the MWC promised MErcury that no competing folks would be on the MWC brochures. If this is the case it once again shows how little they, fishing tournament companies, value the anglers.
Closed Thread