Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Garmin LV12 or 32 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-17-2020, 05:07 AM
Minnow

Default Garmin LV12 or 32

So I’ve been chewing on this for a while now. I know most people will suggest an LVS32, but Id really like to hear from some 12 owners.
Specs say 30° forward AND 30° down at the same time, split screen. My idea is if one could remotely pivot / rotate the ducer up and down, a guy could see the same thing. Obviously not as nicely as full screen 130°.

Then there’s the new ‘perspective’? View where the 32 is flipped on its side and give a horizontal return. From my understanding is that’s not an option with a 12.

Really it’s a no-brainer, and it’s all about money. I’d hate to spend $600 on a 12 and just regret it. It’s almost seems like they offer the 12 only as a marketing ploy. “Livescope for $600 and no black box”, and almost hide the fact that the 12 is limited in capabilities.

A good part of the reason I want livescope is for ice fishing. Where a 12 might be a better fit, due to power consumption and sitting in one spot and aiming the sonar manually isn’t as big a deal vs on a boat.

I just dropped $2700 on my 106sv ultra and was part expecting to wait a year before going to livescope. Btw my prices are Canadian, so no I didn’t get ripped off, lol. I don’t imagine buying a 12 and later selling it to upgrade is an idea. Selling a used 12 might be next to impossible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2020, 05:22 AM
Keeper

I have no experience with the LVS12, but I do have the LVS32. If you can afford to, I would save longer to stomach the LVS32. You won’t regret it in the long run for the reasons you mentioned above.

I can already hear your remorse of buying the LVS12 and it doesn’t sound like you’ve even bought it!
Old 07-17-2020, 05:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Really it’s a no-brainer, and it’s all about money.
Sounds like you already have your answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2020, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

Here’s some good reading over here on the LS. Search the forum!
http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=204
Old 07-23-2020, 07:48 PM
Slot Fish

I had the 12 and liked it. It gives you a slightly limited version of the 32.

If you play around with the depth and range manually, you can close that dead spot.

Its worth it imo