Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 1850/1880 rod storage while running - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Wallhanger

Nice to see some musky guys here, I have pretty much abandoned walleye fishing for Musky, I've been full go the last couple of years. A rear drop in deck box is in my future for my 621.

My 621 has the running rod rack on the passenger side, we lay down rods there and for ones I'm not using I keep them in the rod box if they are 8 and under. Going from spot to spot I throw my cisco tubes on the rails and stick them up in there, when I go troll in the middle of a casting day yes there are rods all over, nothing you can do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Minnow

Rolex- I have an 1880MS with the 4 rod vertical rod holder on the live-well bulkhead, and I use my boat to fish musky a lot. The rod holder is good for when running or at the dock, but the rods get in the way when we are fishing. I put my extra rods with the butts down by the footwells on either side of the console, and the tips up on the outside edge of the back casting platform. Keep the tips right up next to the fiberglass gunwale and you won't risk stepping on them. This works for 8'6" or 9' rods.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Minnow

Default Rod Storage

On the passenger side in front of the windshield, I've mounted the bac rac. I put my rods in reel end towards the front and I can quickly grab and switch. You can see the bac rac at TW.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bac_...ge-BCRCV2.html

I have Scotty rod holder brackets mounted in the back on both sides. I can plug in these to them.

https://portlandmarineelectronics.co...s/s-c-rodracks

This way my co-angler has a place for rods, and can move them back and forth depending on the side we're fishing.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3134.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	306730  
Old 01-18-2019, 07:19 PM
Minnow

Nice fish Mojo! That JustEncase is sweet....you've got some dough tied up in the box and baits. Nice set up.

Snag, thanks for the bac rac suggestion and pics. I was actually thinking of trying to rig up a similar setup but using a home made Whisker Biscuit (archery arrow rest) style "keeper" for the tip ends of the rods to ride in. Winter boredom is a great source of ideas.