Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lithium Iron Batteries - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-20-2019, 04:06 PM
Wallhanger

I don't troll with my electric, maybe that's why. I do use my electric quite hard as I power fish for bass quite often. By power fish I mean fishing mostly moving baits while constantly on the motor covering water. I make sure to plug my batteries in asap after discharging. Curious how the lithiums hold up long term.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 08:53 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
I don't troll with my electric, maybe that's why. I do use my electric quite hard as I power fish for bass quite often. By power fish I mean fishing mostly moving baits while constantly on the motor covering water. I make sure to plug my batteries in asap after discharging. Curious how the lithiums hold up long term.

Yes sir, that likely is the difference. I charge mine as soon as I get off the water also, but I am depleting mine a lot further on each cycle. Luckily it doesn't matter any more

A lead-acid isn't supposed to be discharged past 50% without irreparable damage to the battery's cycle life. That's why mine didn't last more than 2-3 years max. With a lithium, you can use 100% of it's capacity with no effect on the life of the battery.

The lithium batteries I have are supposed to be good for 15 - 20 years and they have a 10 year warranty. I'll let you know for sure in 13 years or so! LOL!

Last edited by zalman; 08-21-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Wallhanger

PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

A word of advice. As with any purchase read the Warranty. I know it is a bunch of legal speak,but you can get the jist of it. If you are buying a boat load of Lithium batteries you will be spending over $3000. It is worth your time or if you consult someone it will be money well spent. The company and the hoops you might have to jump through are very important! Enjoy life wisely. Bob