Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing report lakes oahe/sharpe pierre area for up to october 9th 2021 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 10-11-2021, 09:45 AM
Keeper

Default Fishing report lakes oahe/sharpe pierre area for up to october 9th 2021

I did take some time off for a little vacation so have been behind on these reports. I will try and finish the year up with a few more especially if things change with the fishing. The bite remains very good on Lake Sharpe in the Pierre area but the Oahe fall bite is still not great. We need some 25 to 35 degree nights to cool the big lake down and bring the deeper fish up and the bank fish out to get a nice bite going. We just have not had that kind of weather yet. The fish that are being caught on Oahe are coming from depts of 25 fow to 40 fow on bottom bouncer crawler rigs or minnows for the most part. Sharpe is making up for that however with limits for just about everyone when the weather is nice. Be aware that when the wind blows hard it makes dirty water south of Pierre and can make for a harder bite when the water muddy up. The main bite on Sharpe is around 5 fow out to 15 fow and although minnows are starting to come more into play I am still using bottom bouncer nightcrawler rigs with either Love blades or a plain hook. Pulling plugs is working too but a lot of floating grass is making that a little harder. As the water cools look for jig minnow or bouncer/minnow plain hook rigs to be the best presentations. This year has been an exceptional year both numbers wise and size wise on Sharpe on the walleye fishing. I will also mention the amount of fishermen using the area has to be record setting as just lots of people using both lakes. Hunting season is starting and ranchers that want birds have them. It is starting into fall so jackets coats and cold weather gear should be in your packing bag.

Hutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement